• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Brighton and Hove Albion 1 Chelsea 3

chelboy   

I dont think a draw would be too bad after seeing that line up.

That defence combination..... James Zouma Christensen and Kepa is worrying . Zouma and Christensen is our worst combination based on numbers so I am expecting to concede a goal today. I don’t think they have kept a clean sheet together but there’s always a first time for everything.  Another chance for Christensen I guess, he seems to get many. 

The attack has no pace other than Werner. Maybe a 41212 rather than a 4231? Brighton are playing 3 at the back and all 3 physical CB’s. Hope Werner doesn’t have a rough day. 

Sir   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

You talked yourself around in the space of two sentances. 

Are you an MP?

I started to deflate a little when thinking about the defence..

No Pulisic. Bummer.

2 minutes ago, chelboy said:

The attack has no pace other than Werner. Maybe a 41212 rather than a 4231? Brighton are playing 3 at the back and all 3 physical CB’s. Hope Werner doesn’t have a rough day. 

Havertz is very fast.

Rob B   

I really like the team - sounds like I’m alone in that thinking?! 

The idea of Havertz, RLC, and Mount floating in front of their back 3 is something I’m looking forward to seeing, and I’m glad Reece got the nod over Azpi given that it’s Brighton, and Dave has had an injury. 

I’m also not sure what people were expecting in defence given no Chilwell and Silva.  Rudiger and Christensen are much of a muchness, as are the two GK options. 

• Like 1

chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Havertz is very fast.

True, but he likes to play in between the lines and receive passes to feet. He isn’t really going to make runs in behind and stretch teams. That’s my main worry with the attack not many runners in behind. 

Not in the slightest bit worried about that defence I think our front line will blow them away.

Super, super excited to see Werner and Havertz.

Hopefully this is the end of Azpi, he’s been bordering on crap for a couple of years now. Incredible defender at his best but he no longer compensates for his poor technique and passing with great defending. I was concerned he might become Franks Ivanovic but this is a good sign.  

Kepa in last chance saloon, Zouma is our best CB available and Rudiger also deserves to be dropped. I guess Mount and Havertz wide? I feel sorry for Odoi, he could do with a run of games to show what he can do, I would’ve thought this would be a good opportunity for him. 

Decent bench despite the injuries, so much competition!

Dave left out. Christenson in. Sfl clearly sees something in AC that we don't. Double pivot of Jorge and Kante again. Not sure that's worked too well in the past. 

Still despite being first game this is not a first team will see very often. Probably 5 different players would be in if everyone was available. 

Sfl is juggling the balls already.... but oh that forward line will be a thing of beauty.

Kezza   
52 minutes ago, Aussie1979 said:

Strange team selection looks like we are playing with no width . I’m honestly shocked Jorginho starts didn’t think he would be here this season , still think we should win 2-0 Werner with both

You'd prefer Barkley? I'm shocked he's still there.

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Hopefully this is the end of Azpi, he’s been bordering on crap for a couple of years now. Incredible defender at his best but he no longer compensates for his poor technique and passing with great defending. I was concerned he might become Franks Ivanovic but this is a good sign.  

Kepa in last chance saloon, Zouma is our best CB available and Rudiger also deserves to be dropped. I guess Mount and Havertz wide? I feel sorry for Odoi, he could do with a run of games to show what he can do, I would’ve thought this would be a good opportunity for him. 

Decent bench despite the injuries, so much competition!

Azpi defensively is probably our best full back. He’s very solid in that department. If fit I would have played him today. 

• Like 1