• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure that he will change many minds, if you can't already see what he offers you never will.

I've always found it strange when people have a pop at a player for not being something else. Is Jorginho like Kante without the ball? Cleary not but I dont see many having a pop at Kante for the opposite reason.

Jorginho is really a quarterback with his vision and passing skills and everything goes through him, the problem is he is getting sacked "I believe that is the term" to often due to there being no defence protecting him.  Under sarri he was protected

Jorginiho skills are a useful asset in the remoulding of the teams playing style. Monday on the occasion he was in advance of the back line, and standing in the right place "to oppositions half hunting the ball" one interception and Werner was off for a penalty.

He's not Cesc, however he does have that instinctive thought and passing skill. He needs to be played like cesc as a floating playmaker.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Yes - clearly it was Jorginho.  But he almost ballsed that up to be honest and was only bailed out by Werners incredible speed over 10 yards.  Even Lampard said in his post match interview, he did well to get on the end of it as the ball was “overcooked”

I’m not anti-Jorginho, he’s a very good player and an even better penalty taker and communicator, but we can’t pretend he had a good game on Monday.  We were awful, and only a few players can hold their head high.

Given Liverpool’s pace and power in midfield, I’m expecting a trio of Kante, Kovacic and Mount this weekend. 

Exactly. Droy tempting us with bait to praise Jorginho, the pass was slightly over hit! That same pass with Giroud/Tammy playing and keeper picks it up.

Overall, some may have an agenda with Jorginho. I think the criticism he took in Sarri's season here was pretty unjustified and achieved nothing. At the same time, I think the majority can see what he brings quite clearly. He is a very good footballer, who when he is playing well and when game circumstances suit, he can comfortably be one of our best and most effective players at controlling and dictating the game.

Trouble is, those circumstances don't occur every week and he brings a number of weaknesses that come with the good. Something that his fans seem to overlook, despite them claiming its his detractors that overlook his strengths!

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall
  • Like 1

Chrisb   

I absolutely hate the Vermin so whoever plays just please win. That is all. 

• Like 1

Flinkers   

I think I'd go...

Kepa

James - Christensen - Zouma - Azpi

Kante - Kovacic

Havertz - Mount - Werner

Giroud

Caba

Rudiger          Silva         Zouma

Azpi       Kante        Jorghino       Alonso

Havertz         Mount

Werner 

Subs Kepa, Christensen, James, Barkley, Kovacic, Pulisic, Giroud

Ham   
3 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

Caba

Rudiger          Silva         Zouma

Azpi       Kante        Jorghino       Alonso

Havertz         Mount

Werner 

Subs Kepa, Christensen, James, Barkley, Kovacic, Pulisic, Giroud

No Tammy on the bench?  I thought he linked up well with Pulisic last time we played them.  

I think Tammy is more similar to Werner and Giroud offers something different. It's a tough call.

Holymoly   

I think this is a game to have Giroud or Abraham up top. We are going to need an out ball, especially if the midfield goes missing again. Maybe bring Silva into a back three too.