• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Honestly I think we've mostly defended well.

Yes, apart from that 5 minutes

Just now, Bridge Soldier said:

too many passes across the line, whilst working our way backwards and ultimately a back pass to kepa. its way too predictable and it needs better ball players than we have at the back.

Blue Rod   
1 minute ago, kratos said:

Rod who else was going to come in while we had a transfer ban?

Lol, please, please. The idea that a decent manager would turn down a job at Chelsea merely because we have a transfer ban is ludicrous beyond joke, honestly.  Never heard such rubbish in my years of following football.

4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Can’t remember who it was but after the Brighton game where Christensen was really good one poster claimed he’d make a mess today. It’s just what he is. 

I’d be looking to sell him. 

Kepa and Christensen, this is what you get with them, the odd moment of clarity amongst a sea of insanity. 

Neither of them are Premier league quality no amount of five a side and shooting practice will change that now. 

Get rid. 

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I don’t think we have played as poorly as this forum is saying. Even with 10 men. 

GURJ SS   
3 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Mount, sure. But did Werner and Kai not play those positions for Leipzig and Leverkusen respectively last season when they both performed so well? Werner to the left of Schick or Poulsen, Kai playing as a striker for much of the second half of the season when he went on a goalscoring run? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Werner was a left winger, in this game he was helping cover Alonso, and it's also important to remember that he was in that position when there was a real striker on the pitch with him. Kai was playing normally as a supporting striker in a 4231(4411), but then he went to play as a striker Leverkusen had started to play 343 with Kai as a false 9, so he had 2 wide men either side for support almost all the time.

Lamps has played a 45(flat)1 in today's game, Werner and Mount were nowhere near Kai and also our centre mids didn't overlap him, se he was a number 9 playing as a false number 9 with no one else playing the system of false number 9. Square pegs in round holes.