• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

12 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Was only joking of course. I can say what I like so long as not breaking house rules. 

Quite so. I was quite concerned there for a moment.

Blue Rod   
8 minutes ago, Kezza said:

The guy prefers a no. 10 role. We've played him in 2 positions except a no. 10. Lamps is really trying his best to be the second version of tinkerman and he's not even good at it. Playing havertz out of position as a striker is worse than playing him on the right like against Brighton. Worse off he's also nullifying Werner. Utter nonsense.

I have no idea why Lampard wanted Havertz in the first place. Our midfield seriously lacked a midfielder who is comfortable at taking on opponents, disrupting their formation, taking the ball past 1, 2 or 3 opponents. Only Pulisic has that skill. Willian could do it when he chose to.  He has moved on. Technically, Havertz has always looked like a more talented version of Mount. 

When a manager is not up to the job, he makes wrong decisions everywhere,  from signing to formation. Tbh, our biggest problem. Is not even formation. We lack the very basics of competitive football. 

Edited by Blue Rod

DannyLB   

Playing in ten men for an entire half against the league champions and people are asking if Lampard is up to the task. Pick your timing better with your agenda. 

• Like 2

Get people being off with Christiansen because of the red but, he was having another solid game until then. Question marks over whether the keeper should've been there too. 

Our biggest issue is that we're without our wide attacking players in Ziyech and pulisic. That's why we had to sit back and contain them. Funny thing was that the red came at a time when we were on top and finally starting to play.

Jorginho looks like a player that doesn't feel part of the first team. Like being chosen second best... 

Real positive was Werner. Havertz looked better than last game. Good to have Kovacic back. Classy player.

Feel sorry for Kepa. There was a bread and butter cross that he should've caught early on. With confidence I think he can be good but, I think it's too late to see that happening here 

Just now, Proud-Blue said:

Yeah he had a stint as an out and out forward but that was not the same system as was asked of him today.

Either way I'm certain he'll prove himself but he won't work as a false nine in this team.

I get your point. Ideally and reasonably he shouldn’t be starting yet - especially in retrospect - given Lampard isn’t playing him in his favored 10 role and was never going to use a 4231 against pool today. 

Could’ve been a lot worse. Two costly errors by Kepa and Christensen. Both really frustrating and completely unnecessary. Jorginho missing a penalty just rubbed it in.

Like the look of Werner. Zouma looks to have settled down. Kante worked his socks off. Not overly pessimistic, but we really need to sort out the keeper situation as it’s making the rest of the team nervous. Can’t go into too many games where the defence just doesn’t trust the keeper. Don’t know why we just haven’t addressed it head on and brought in a first choice. 

Well some good news is that Tomori looks to be ahead of Rüdiger now and that performance should cement it. Hopefully he'll stick around as the talk of him heading off to Rennes or Everton on loan has appeared to die down.

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It's because what was feared would happen, happened. 

Christensen did a Christensen we all saw it coming but the manager can't / won't. Tomori is twice the player. 

Kepa did a Kepa and 98% of us saw it coming. Today was peak Kepa made some decent saves, charged out of his area twice and threw one in and everyone saw it happening except for SFL. 

Christensen was good until that moment. I know Christensen is a liability most times, I was surprised how well Tomori played. Perhaps I have forgotten a bit about him after not seeing him for so long. 

Kepa usually doesn’t make errors but rather struggles with shots. Today was the opposite. Says it all about him. Just can’t get anything good from him. I still think Kepa, Christensen Alonso etc are all squad players. In a few weeks when everything has settled we shouldn’t be having to watch them week in week out. It’s not the end of the world that we lost today. It would be more depressing if those players I mentioned had to play every game for the rest of the season. 

Same old, Individual errors, By the usual suspects, Without players using the width availible , We rely on a midfield that is neither offensive or defensive, Till the sending off it vaguely worked defensivly  but god that was dire to watch if you were looking for an attack or 2

• Like 1

kratos   
17 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Avram Grant?

seriously, Lampard could be gone within 6 games, Roman has agreed all these transfers, he won't accept Lampard being given time when Potch is available, I mentioned this before the season started, NO SENTIMENT, REMEMBER DI MATTEO

I have no doubt he will be under pressure. But seriously Avram Grant. The guy took down 2 teams back to back?