• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Deserves it.

Timo also came in from Germany - and looks terrific.

Havertz should be held to the same standards that RLC is held up to - or CHO.

And he has been very poor. I am talking first touch, timing of his passes, work-rate - things that you should see from a player regardless of where he came from.

He arrived a few days before the season started. Give it a rest 

5 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Playing in ten men for an entire half against the league champions and people are asking if Lampard is up to the task. Pick your timing better with your agenda. 

Quite. More than half the new signings haven't even got on the pitch yet.

12 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

I know I'm not allowed. But I don't care. I have no idea what the board saw in Lampard the manager to convince them, nor do I understand why some Chelsea fans can't see that he is not up to the job. 

In all seriousness you did say last season it would be a tremendous personal achievement for Lampard if we finished 4th , and indeed it was. You shouldn't feel cancelled because I reminded you of that. 

However, he has made some serious errors of judgement in personnel these opening games. Firstly Kepa. 2 games two errors for goals. And why when we have had a massive time lag with the virus haven't we sorted Mendy out quicker? Two games is 2 games too late or just play Cabs.    Secondly.. AC...Tomorri is head and shoulders above him and why sfl can't see it is beyond me. Third...after Brighton game it was clear Havertz wasn't nearly ready especially against a well oiled Liverpool team.

I have a few positives but right now I'm disappointed and annoyed.  

4 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

I get your point. Ideally and reasonably he shouldn’t be starting yet - especially in retrospect - given Lampard isn’t playing him in his favored 10 role and was never going to use a 4231 against pool today. 

Yeah it just seems strange to me given the fact that Giroud and Abraham were presumably fit. Or Werner could have been played centrally. I mean Lampard is a manager and I'm just a grumpy fan but I genuinely can't figure out what he was trying to do.

5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Havertz is 21. Werner is far more mature even in his interviews you can see Havertz is still a young man. Give him time. I was always expecting Havertz criticism eventually  but I didn’t think it would come after 100 mins. Remember what Pulisic looked like in his first few games compared to after lockdown? Havertz hasn’t even played in his favourite position yet.

I dont recall criticizing Pulisic.

In fact, I immediately liked what I saw from him and I remember saying we didn't need to worry about losing Hazard.

Havertz is totally different. Kai isn't showing the basics that stick with you regardless of where you are asked to perform. 

Now, maybe he completely transforms with time (and fair play to him if he does) but I have been here long enough and heard countless people say give the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips, Sheva, Torres, Zhirkov, Ramires, Cuadrado, Kepa, Bakayoko time..

The Premier League is very hard compared to the Bundesliga. To be successful here, Kai has to show speed of thought, a clean first touch and a certain amount of energy and workrate.

The worrying part is that this is the same guy I saw a couple times at Bayer towards the end of last season. 

If people want to mention his goals, well Claudio Pizzarro also scored goals in Germany. The basic requirements of being a Chelsea player are that you, at the very least, show work-rate and pretty good technical ability. The goals are great but he has to work on those areas.

paulw66   
17 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Avram Grant?

seriously, Lampard could be gone within 6 games, Roman has agreed all these transfers, he won't accept Lampard being given time when Potch is available, I mentioned this before the season started, NO SENTIMENT, REMEMBER DI MATTEO

Yawn. 

Chilwell, Silva and Ziyech still to add, plus a new GK.

8 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Get people being off with Christiansen because of the red but, he was having another solid game until then. Question marks over whether the keeper should've been there too. 

Our biggest issue is that we're without our wide attacking players in Ziyech and pulisic. That's why we had to sit back and contain them. Funny thing was that the red came at a time when we were on top and finally starting to play.

Jorginho looks like a player that doesn't feel part of the first team. Like being chosen second best... 

Real positive was Werner. Havertz looked better than last game. Good to have Kovacic back. Classy player.

Feel sorry for Kepa. There was a bread and butter cross that he should've caught early on. With confidence I think he can be good but, I think it's too late to see that happening here 

Good, measured thoughts here Erland. Thank you.

Ham   

Watched the red card again and Mane definitely throws his left foot out leftwards and trips AC up, causing him to fall on him.  Inviting the trip. 

I'm not expecting Sky to look out for that little detail. 

Zouma was very good today. Tomori good when he came on. 

Jorginho is soft and spineless and Kepa is a fraud.  

BlueWill   
25 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Yep thought we looked fine and said so. 

Nothing to do with 3 dmf protecting him?

The sort of protection doesn't leave much resource to score with.

Besides as you saw today he's only ever one poor decision from costing us

Chrisb   

We’re a team in transition that finished fourth last season, the Vermin are league champions with a settled team that has played together for a couple of seasons, 10 men for a large portion of the match, a missed penalty and people are questioning SFL’s team selection/tactics/choice of underwear. Saying that Kepa shouldn’t start, Christensen shouldn’t start etc,etc. Christ, the way some of you lot go on I’m honestly surprised that I haven’t seen you managing a team that won the Premiership. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but sometimes I wish that people would take a deep breath before letting rip at anything and everything! 

• Like 1

Curious what chara will say - but both times Kepa came out a long way I thought he was right.  Going out wide for that defected clearance meant a lame cross went towards goal that was easily dealt with - allowing a man unchallenged in the box there would have been the mistake.
Equally for the Christensen card if Kepa stays then you know Mane wins a red by stepping across.  With Kepa coming out and being first to the ball, there are two blatant reasons for both ref and VAR to rule out the Red.
(From what I have seen Kepa gets to ball first - though I not Sky did not make that very clear in their coverage).

(~And I am going to sound like a Kepa apologist here...) Also the clearance to Mane I have a lot of sympathy for.  We were so crap at playing it out from the back, and the only guy we have able to achieve this is Jorginho.  A goal and a man down, and with Liverpool pushing right on us, getting it to Jorginho is doubly crucial in terms of both getting out of the press, and getting up field where Liverpool are short on numbers.  Easy to see how he made that mistake.

(and that save from the deflection was terriffic - I do hope more than a few on here acknowledge that).