• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Ham said:

Watched the red card again and Mane definitely throws his left foot out leftwards and trips AC up, causing him to fall on him.  Inviting the trip. 

Trip?

He put both his arms around him.... The clearest red card you will see 

• Like 1

I'm non plussed really, we set up to not lose, we played to pinch one on the break. You can argue against it but on another day it may have worked. 

Christensen and Kepa both reverted to type, both aren't good enough for this level and ruined Lampards gameplan. 

Although, personally I don't think he or any of the coaching side, are entirely up to it just yet but  I suppose you have to wait until Pulisic, Ziyech Chilwell and Silva are fit before you judge. They're learning on the Job too. 

It could well end in tears myself but hope it doesn't. 

Werner looks a player but funnily enough can't do everything on his own. Havertz has been poorly used so far so the jury is out, looks like he has something about him though but maybe not as a false nine against Liverpool eh? 

The three midfielders was one too many, you don't need Jorginho and Kova, I'd be selling Jorginho all day long. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Trip?

He really doesn't.  his arm go everywhere but actually on Mane who steps across.  You make it sound like Christensen was behind and reached to grab Mane.  

Give it a few hours more and I reckon MOTD or even Sky might have convinced themselves it wasn't a Red.

What do people reckong - an unobstructed man or kepa gets to the ball first?

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Curious what chara will say - but both times Kepa came out a long way I thought he was right.  Going out wide for that defected clearance meant a lame cross went towards goal that was easily dealt with - allowing a man unchallenged in the box there would have been the mistake.
Equally for the Christensen card if Kepa stays then you know Mane wins a red by stepping across.  With Kepa coming out and being first to the ball, there are two blatant reasons for both ref and VAR to rule out the Red.
(From what I have seen Kepa gets to ball first - though I not Sky did not make that very clear in their coverage).

Of course Kepa got there first. Mane was on the turf. Mane would have got it easily ..... Yet, if he wasn't going to, it makes the decision from AC even worse and unnecessary

Ham   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Trip?

Go back a frame and you'll see what caused him to wrap his arms around. "Clever" by Mane.  

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm non plussed really, we set up to not lose, we played to pinch one on the break. You can argue against it but on another day it may have worked. 

Christensen and Kepa both reverted to type, both aren't good enough for this level and ruined Lampards gameplan. 

Although, personally I don't think he or any of the coaching side, are entirely up to it just yet but  I suppose you have to wait until Pulisic, Ziyech Chilwell and Silva are fit before you judge. They're learning on the Job too. 

It could well end in tears myself but hope it doesn't. 

Werner looks a player but funnily enough can't do everything on his own. Havertz has been poorly used so far so the jury is out, looks like he has something about him though but maybe not as a false nine against Liverpool eh? 

The three midfielders was one too many, you don't need Jorginho and Kova, I'd be selling Jorginho all day long. 

First and last paragraph contradict. The midfield selection was there to try not to lose, as you say in the first paragraph and but for the red, it might have worked.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

First and last paragraph contradict. The midfield selection was there to try not to lose, as you say in the first paragraph and but for the red, it might have worked.

Yes but once that first goal goes in you get nothing from them the jig is up. 

Replacing Jorginho with Havertz and you up the mobility and add about 1m% more goal threat from midfield especially if you then fill that space with Tammy. 

Edited by Mark Kelly

15 minutes ago, BlueWill said:

Nothing to do with 3 dmf protecting him?

The sort of protection doesn't leave much resource to score with.

Besides as you saw today he's only ever one poor decision from costing us

I thought we looked fine as a defensive unit. Did they have a shot on target before half time? AC played his part but like Kepa , he's a moment away from a bad/awful mistake. 

Zouma was faultless. 

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yes but once that first goal goes in you get nothing from them the jig is up. 

Replacing Jorginho with Havertz and you up the mobility and add about 1m% more goal threat from midfield especially if you then fill that space with Tammy. 

Ah, I see. I guess the idea was still to keep it tight as long as possible.... Didn't work. The second goal came so quickly 

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I thought we looked fine as a defensive unit. Did they have a shot on target before half time? AC played his part but like Kepa , he's a moment away from a bad/awful mistake. 

Zouma was faultless. 

Zouma looks the real deal to me