• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Silva, Chilwell, Pulisic and Ziyech all out.

Werner fit.

Going into the game with one hand tied behind our backs. 

Great. 

I didn't expect Silva, Chilwell or Ziyech to be fit to feature, but I had hoped we'd have Pulisic back, especially as rumours he was in contention for the squad last week.

Desperately need to get these 5 back, all very important players for us this season and it definitely makes it harder vs Liverpool without them.

With no Ziyech or Pulisic then I think CHO has to start, we need someone to give us some width, otherwise, the Liverpool fullbacks will have a field day.

Sir   
2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Going into the game with one hand tied behind our backs. 

Great. 

Starting to worry about all these injuries Pulisic seems to pick up.. 

I really don’t know what to think about this game. A heart versus head type thing.

chelboy   

I just want to see a good tactical game plan and some good defending. I couldn’t tell what the game plan was against Brighton and we looked a bit all over the place. The defending was pretty good though considering what we had out there. We do tend create quite a lot against these lot in recent times so we shouldn’t struggle too much in that department. Hopefully we play with a winger and not 3 no.10’s. 

Edited by chelboy

Agree about Pulisic. Definitely worried that this will continue. 

Here's a link to his injury history: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-pulisic/verletzungen/spieler/315779

Had 5 injuries and missed 11 games in total for Dortmund in 18/19. Had a few last season and missed 13 games total. Now we all know he picked up the hamstring injury in the FA Cup final but he was apparently on course to return earlier than expected before picking up another knock which has kept him out of (at least) the first two games of this season. 

Fingers crossed he gets over them.

33 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Frank has been a lot more sombre and less chipper in his press interviews so far this season. I'm pretty sure that's because someone showed him a video of this guy

6 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Silva, Chilwell, Pulisic and Ziyech all out.

Werner fit.

Far too early too meet Dippers. That is bad injury role call.

I'd be tempted to play Dave at left back. Don't fancy Alonso for this one. 

Kepa in or out is the big question. I think reluctantly Lamps will play him. To be dropped after one game and before the new keeper has even arrived would be nuclear.

3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Kepa in or out is the big question. I think reluctantly Lamps will play him. To be dropped after one game and before the new keeper has even arrived would be nuclear.

Kepa definitely on the bench for me. This opponent is not what the doctor ordered for a goalie struggling with confidence. 

Also, hopefully Azpilcueta at left back, no Jorginho in midfield (Barkley, Kante & Kovacic) and CHO & Kai on the wings. We need battlers in the middle and I don’t feel like Kai is fit enough for a midfield battle against Pool.