• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

Bison   

Usual culripts. Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic, Lampard and his assortment of nothing coaches.

We can spend all the money in the world but when we're starting players that bad in key areas and are managed by somebody who doesn't have a clue nothing will change.

Ham   
15 minutes ago, Bison said:

Usual culripts. Kepa, Jorginho, Kovacic, Lampard and his assortment of nothing coaches.

We can spend all the money in the world but when we're starting players that bad in key areas and are managed by somebody who doesn't have a clue nothing will change.

Kovacic?!?!?  Usual suspect???!!!???

Stopped reading there.

• Like 1

Bison   
11 minutes ago, Ham said:

Kovacic?!?!?  Usual suspect???!!!???

Stopped reading there.

Yup. That was the quintessential Kovacic game today I.e. look busy on the ball but do nothing to help the team defend or attack. 

Can add Christensen to that list of usual culprits btw. Funny how some praised a distinctly average performance against Brighton as if he'd somehow turned a corner.

Schoolboy defending as usual and nobody on the coaching staff to recifty the issues. Can't see this lasting too long.

Edited by Bison

With regards to our centre backs, I think we have three that all perform to a high level but, none our world class in what we've been spoilt with over the years with Terry, Carlvalho being world class and with Gallas, Luiz, Lebeouf, and Alex coming very close.. 

Zouma, is a powerhouse but, technically not great. He is a no nonsense defender. He plays well with a technical partner..

Christiansen, technically a very gifted player. Plays better against better teams. Gets out muscled against lesser teams. 

Rudiger, a mix of Zouma and Christiansen. Not as strong as his build suggests, erratic technically.

Tomori, has speed. Technically ok and strength ok. Showed some naive moments last season. Could improve with more games.

These are the dilemmas. All are prone to mistakes but with a strong keeper they could trust would make a massive difference. I think Rudiger and Zouma are what 'it says on the tin'. What you see is what you get. Nothing is changing there. With Christiansen I think we could have a top CB but he needs a quality partner and keeper to support him. I think that's the way Frank sees it too. Tomori has potential but, there are question marks as he needs the game time. I don't think Frank is comfortable in finding out whether he does have what it takes. 

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

There has been no Sarriball since Sarri left. Lamps style is different. We saw that last season but still you wish to claim its Sarriball. 

It is identikit Sarriball - moreso without Hazard.  But we don't play it very well - Luiz is a big miss in that respect.

10 minutes ago, Bison said:

Yup. That was the quintessential Kovacic game today I.e. look busy on the ball but do nothing to help the team defend or attack. 

Can add Christensen to that list of usual culprits btw. Funny how some praised a distinctly average performance against Brighton as if he'd somehow turned a corner.

Schoolboy defending as usual and nobody on the coaching staff to recifty the issues. Can't see this lasting too long.

The usual suspect Kovacic that was recently named player of the season...

1 hour ago, Bison said:

Each to their own but I've never been one of these 'they played for the club with distinction, or supported the club as a kid so we should buy them, or have them as coaches BS that gets peddled out by the blue tinted glasses lot among us, but when our coaching staff become anywhere near the calibre of Hoddles team at England John Gorman Glenn Roeder etc then I'll be worried.

Apparently Klopp had a go at his subs for applauding when AC got his marching orders. Rightly so 

Edited by kennypaul

Bison   
36 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

As discussed elsewhere on the forum, he shouldn't have even qualified for the award let alone won it. Worst winner of the award I can remember but who even really cares. He can win it 10x and he'd still be a nothing player.

37 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

No wonder we end up having so many arguments on here when he gets POTY because Kante was injured so he could play in a position suited for him.

26 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Apparently Klopp had a go at his subs for applauding when AC got his marching orders. Rightly so 

Yes - that is pretty much how I saw it written up - the Humble Majesty that is Klopp is to be praised for reminding his team not to cheer when mane gets a man sent off.
Could have been interpreted differently...

Ham   
19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No wonder we end up having so many arguments on here when he gets POTY because Kante was injured so he could play in a position suited for him.

Your point being? He WAS the player of the year for the vast majority of Chelsea fans everywhere. Are we all wrong? 

Yes - that is pretty much how I saw it written up - the Humble Majesty that is Klopp is to be praised for reminding his team not to cheer when mane gets a man sent off.
Could have been interpreted differently...

As could the need for a red card after Kepa got to the ball.