• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

kratos   

For me we don't play with enough width, on Sunday we needed somebody to carry the ball when we managed to get it.

I don't know what CHO has done to get benched but without Pulisic and Ziyech we look too predictable going forward.

On another note surely it would have made better sense to play either Giroud Or Tammy giving us a target to aim for with Werner buzzing around them to get onto knockdowns and flicks.

2 minutes ago, kratos said:

For me we don't play with enough width, on Sunday we needed somebody to carry the ball when we managed to get it.

I don't know what CHO has done to get benched but without Pulisic and Ziyech we look too predictable going forward.

On another note surely it would have made better sense to play either Giroud Or Tammy giving us a target to aim for with Werner buzzing around them to get onto knockdowns and flicks.

I have been one of CHO's biggest supporters and felt that Sarri under used him. At the same time, he was pretty dreadful at times last season. You can count his good games on one hand from last season.

I still have high hopes for the player in the long term, but for me he looks a player in need of a loan. Get some confidence and find some form, then come back ready and in a position to contribute to the Chelsea first team squad.

A year at somewhere like Burnley, Leeds, Southampton would be the making of him imo. The player we seen last season, was well below the player we saw the season before last. 

kratos   
8 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I have been one of CHO's biggest supporters and felt that Sarri under used him. At the same time, he was pretty dreadful at times last season. You can count his good games on one hand from last season.

I still have high hopes for the player in the long term, but for me he looks a player in need of a loan. Get some confidence and find some form, then come back ready and in a position to contribute to the Chelsea first team squad.

A year at somewhere like Burnley, Leeds, Southampton would be the making of him imo. The player we seen last season, was well below the player we saw the season before last. 

I get what you're saying here. But if that were to happen then we would be left with Ziyech and Pulisic as are our two only natural wide players and at this moment I am concerned if both can stay fit over the course of a season.

14 minutes ago, kratos said:

I get what you're saying here. But if that were to happen then we would be left with Ziyech and Pulisic as are our two only natural wide players and at this moment I am concerned if both can stay fit over the course of a season.

Mount can play there and his best games for Chelsea have been in this position for me. RLC could probably do a job there, I still think we will see Werner wide at times too. Once Frank reassess the effectiveness of Giroud and he will also want to keep Tammy involved.

On current form, CHO just wont get a look in for me at present. I would rather see Mount, Werner both take up these roles ahead of him, without taking into account Ziyech and Pulisic.

I just think he needs to play regular PL games and if he goes on loan, its important we get him to go somewhere he will play often. He played with a swagger as a kid ad in his breakthrough season, last season he just looked to be trying too hard and nothing looked natural in his game. He seemed to constantly give the ball away or make bad decisions. He was another who had a bad injury and he showed flashes in first quarter of last season, I remember Southampton away and Newcastle at home.

Certainly not want to give up on by a long way, but one to reassess after his confidence and form returns and I think he only gets that back through playing.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I have been one of CHO's biggest supporters and felt that Sarri under used him.  

If anything Sarri overused him. 

I'm not hearing too many complaints about CHO not being played now. It's hypocritical to say the least basing ones views solely on who the manager is and not what he player actually give in terms of output.

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Mount can play there and his best games for Chelsea have been in this position for me. RLC could probably do a job there, I still think we will see Werner wide at times too. Once Frank reassess the effectiveness of Giroud and he will also want to keep Tammy involved.

Mount is much better at 8 I reckon, vision, finishing, hard work but not quite either the technique or pace to get past a FB regularly.  
RLC unless he toughens up suddenly to play CF could only play wide, where his pace is effective, and his penchant for dribbling is in a safe area.  But I suspect it is too late to see RLC emerge now.

Actually I reckon we will see 2 strikers much more often.  Of course Werner will often pull wide (and watch advancing FBs).  Tammy is perfect as one of a pair.  Giroud loses out most this way (IMO - but some might see it differently).

Loan for CHO is definitely his best option.

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm not hearing too many complaints about CHO not being played now. It's hypocritical to say the least basing ones views solely on who the manager is and not what he player actually give in terms of output.

Yup - that argument got resolved.  Like most of the arguments about Sarri.

3 hours ago, kratos said:

It's called basic formation for the team, sadly something Frank is struggling to fix. If he can sort out his best formation then you are able to put square pegs in square holes and is card the rest

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Its not hypocritical because its a different scenario.

CHO now - Had a bad injury, form not been good enough and we have far more options in his position.

CHO in the year Sarri had him - Form was better, he had not had the injury, form of players in his position was mixed and he had come into that season of a very positive pre season.

So whilst we are talking about the same player, we are talking about very different scenarios in those passages of time.

As things stand now, a loan away from the club is the best thing for him imo. I would not have had that view at the start of last season, but it turned out to effectively be a write off season for him really. He needs to play right now. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yup - that argument got resolved.  Like most of the arguments about Sarri.

Apart from the bit about him being out of work for erm.......failing in his last two jobs!

• Like 1