• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

38 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Kepa definitely on the bench for me. This opponent is not what the doctor ordered for a goalie struggling with confidence. 

Also, hopefully Azpilcueta at left back, no Jorginho in midfield (Barkley, Kante & Kovacic) and CHO & Kai on the wings. We need battlers in the middle and I don’t feel like Kai is fit enough for a midfield battle against Pool. 

I agree. But I think there's an argument for 60 mind of Giroud  in this game. 

I see the poor impoverished lambs who do things differently have just splashed out £65m on two players to go with the £20m they spent on a reserve left back. I hope we smash the hypocrites back to the sixties. 

I think this one has come to early for us, they're at full strength, we've still got issues and the players signed to fix them, out. 

No Pulisic again is really annoying 

Ham   
23 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I see the poor impoverished lambs who do things differently have just splashed out £65m on two players to go with the £20m they spent on a reserve left back. I hope we smash the hypocrites back to the sixties. 

I think this one has come to early for us, they're at full strength, we've still got issues and the players signed to fix them, out. 

No Pulisic again is really annoying 

The word "furlough" will be joining "Heysel" in Room 101 then. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

We are at home regardless of no crowd A draw should be the minimum with the players available.

Frank cannot afford another defeat to this lot. 

I read yesterday that Thiago A could make his debut for Pool, our Thiago S is not in contention? Then when you think about the missing players who are still injured including Pulisic who we all thought would be fit for our opening match, it makes me wonder about the fitness team we have at our club, very frustrating!

Sadly I’m not filled with confidence for this one. I think Frank will go with (433);

Arrizabalaga; James, Christensen, Zouma, Azpilicueta; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Havertz, Werner, Mount

Perhaps TAA has an individual challenge here trying to score yet another long range effort against Kepa to make it three in a row. For us it’s all about being able to press their fullbacks and not lose the midfield. So I think it’s a given we will go with the three CMs we have for this one. 

24 minutes ago, Phoenix Blue said:

I read yesterday that Thiago A could make his debut for Pool, our Thiago S is not in contention? Then when you think about the missing players who are still injured including Pulisic who we all thought would be fit for our opening match, it makes me wonder about the fitness team we have at our club, very frustrating!

Thiago A will have had a break after CL final and then would have had a 'pre-season' with Bayern, whereas Thiago Silva had a break and then only 2 (maybe 3 now) training sessions with us, so the fitness levels will be somewhat different between the 2 players.

I would be surprised if Thiago A starts tomorrow, possibly on the bench, but don't expect anything more than a cameo if that.

In terms of the other injuries, what about Azpilicueta? The fitness team have got him back pretty quick and in time for the start of the season.

Pulisic one is frustrating I would agree, but I'm more concerned that it's his body causing him the issues rather than our fitness team - he seems like the kind of player who gets a lot of niggling injuries.

Chilwell came to us injured, we knew that; he missed the end of last season and so it working his way back to full fitness.

Ziyech is the one I would question and would love to hear more about his injury, it seemed nothing too serious, however, knee injuries are nasty (I know first hand) and so recovery time can be longer than you would expect, but I would hope we'd have him back for at least our next PL game after Liverpool, otherwise I'd start worrying it's something more sinister/serious.

I've seen a lot of people moaning about our 'fitness team' on here and elsewhere online, but when you look at it properly, it isn't really down to them at all.

4 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I've seen a lot of people moaning about our 'fitness team' on here and elsewhere online, but when you look at it properly, it isn't really down to them at all.

I don't understand that unless there have been criticisms of players not being ready for the season (which in fact could be interpreted as the fitness team correctly insisting on a proper pre-season).

The long term issues of Pulisic, RLC, further issues with CGO, and a bunch of other players must be due to our fitness team.

Rob B   
15 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I’m not one of those people who have moaned about them, but neither do I think they should be free of scrutiny either. 

I’ve no problem with the likes of Chilwell or Ziyech etc because those reasons are clear and clearly not the fault of our Medical team.  
Where there may be a debate is where the likes of Kante kept getting injured last season, where RLC seemingly recovered and then had a setback that kept him out of the Bayern game, and also just recently where Pulisic returned to training and now it looks like he’s got injured again - these are just 3 off the top of my head but this felt like a regular occurrence last season. 

It’s pretty clear to me that we had a lot of injuries last season, much more than the exemplary record we were used to.  Is it this bad luck? Maybe. Is it the way Frank trains the team?  Maybe - but even if it is, they should be advising the coaching team to ease off the intensity in that case - or not rushing players back before they’re ready. 

Edited by Rob B

33 minutes ago, Rob B said:

s it the way Frank trains the team?  

Permanent five a side and shooting practice shouldn't prove too taxing 'cause I'm not having it that they do any conditioning work or any work on patterns of play and tactics as I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they do. We always look knackered and clueless to me.