• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

I said previously on here that had the roles been reversed, VAR may well have looked at it only to confirm that Allison was definitely going to get there first, therefore no red for Dipper defender.  

I think we'd have needed to get into their half to test that theory . 

Ham   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think we'd have needed to get into their half to test that theory . 

Very good point. 

chara   

Right...thinking it all over ref. var....I have come to the conclusion that until we have a completely new generation of referees who have been brought up on using var properly we will have the inevitable mis handling ignoring and downright abuse..as in reinforcing bias.

The ref had made his decision long before he even got to the incident on Sunday and in fairness..which I hate to give...it looked nailed on in as far as it confirmed his done decision.

This happens all the time and more so before var....lets take an obviously impossible scenario as an example...referee A decides JT is a bully yada yada and every time JT attempts something the ref is looking for proof of his suspicions...I know highly unlikely but lets just go with it as an example...inevitably his view whether obstructed or not is going to see an offence...instant "justice" with only a lino to confirm or question his decision.

With a new generation of clued in refs at least they will be prepared to use the system as it is intended..as an aid to officiating the game rather than an aid for their justifications.

Too much to hope for?