• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't understand that unless there have been criticisms of players not being ready for the season (which in fact could be interpreted as the fitness team correctly insisting on a proper pre-season).

The long term issues of Pulisic, RLC, further issues with CGO, and a bunch of other players must be due to our fitness team.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I’m not one of those people who have moaned about them, but neither do I think they should be free of scrutiny either. 

I’ve no problem with the likes of Chilwell or Ziyech etc because those reasons are clear and clearly not the fault of our Medical team.  
Where there may be a debate is where the likes of Kante kept getting injured last season, where RLC seemingly recovered and then had a setback that kept him out of the Bayern game, and also just recently where Pulisic returned to training and now it looks like he’s got injured again - these are just 3 off the top of my head but this felt like a regular occurrence last season. 

It’s pretty clear to me that we had a lot of injuries last season, much more than the exemplary record we were used to.  Is it this bad luck? Maybe. Is it the way Frank trains the team?  Maybe - but even if it is, they should be advising the coaching team to ease off the intensity in that case - or not rushing players back before they’re ready. 

I should clarify, I'm not claiming we have a world-class fitness team that shouldn't be under any scrutiny, I was more talking about the criticism I've read regarding going into the start of the season with the current absentee list.

Last season we were incredibly unlucky with injuries and how much of that was down to the fitness team and/or Frank's training techniques, I've no idea, although as I said Pulisic does seem the type to pick up a lot of niggly injuries, unfortunately. RLC I agree was a strange one, but I guess when you're out for as long as he was, returning from that spell out is never straightforward and Kante in my opinion as been overplayed for far too long and has clearly been asked to play through the pain too often and it's caught up with him now.

I hope that whatever the reason for the increase in injuries last season, we don't suffer the same fate this season. I'm desperate for more consistency this season and that's starts by having a settled core of a side.

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

We are at home regardless of no crowd A draw should be the minimum with the players available.

Frank cannot afford another defeat to this lot. 

Its the second game of the season so we can afford it (United already losing to Palace ). The thing is , losing to Dippers is always very painful and winning is always a delight. A win would give our confidence a massive boost. 

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

I have a sneaky feeling Frank may be playing games and Pulisic and or Silva may feature. 

Whatcho talk in bout Willis?? I wish you were right but I fear Pulisic is going to be like Robben. A finely tuned, high maintenance , fragile racehorse. 

15 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Whatcho talk in bout Willis?? I wish you were right but I fear Pulisic is going to be like Robben. A finely tuned, high maintenance , fragile racehorse. 

Don't say that. 

Practically every "big" game he was injured. 

It certainly felt like it. 

15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't say that. 

Practically every "big" game he was injured. 

It certainly felt like it. 

Drove Mourinho mad. In the end JM more or less accused him of being too precious and that was that for player manager relations. 

21 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

United lose to Palace.

My god, that penalty though! To have it given was hilarious, to see it saved, retaken and scored..... By a different player! If there had been any supporters that's not happening. Not without the accompanying riot. 

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

My god, that penalty though! To have it given was hilarious, to see it saved, retaken and scored..... By a different player! If there had been any supporters that's not happening. Not without the accompanying riot. 

Shocking decision, but its always annoyed me how they will give an offside because of a hair on an armpit, yet keepers come a yard off the line for pens and nothing is done. Looks like a new thing refs are getting hot on. Arsenal dropping points would be good.  

14 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Shocking decision, but its always annoyed me how they will give an offside because of a hair on an armpit, yet keepers come a yard off the line for pens and nothing is done. Looks like a new thing refs are getting hot on. Arsenal dropping points would be good.  

No chance, you and me have more of a chance against them than West ham.