• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2

chara   

Oh dear....it's not so much the line up...it's who's not there......be a lot of goals I fear but early days and it can only get better....an aside...so many penalties and goals...are the refs actually watching the games without listening to the crowds for "guidance"?

• Like 1

chelboy   

Hmm no Azpi again? A bit odd that. Not surprised about the 3 DM’s starting. The front 3 worries me a bit. Be interesting to see our shape for this one. 

So Alonso instead of Azpi at LB.
Maybe there are more injuries that we are told (well that I guess is a certainty, but which)
The only CBs we own that are capable of winning a PL title are Thiago (for now) and Rudiger.  Neither are in squad against Liverpool.  A Worry however you look at it.

We all know that Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic is very negative for a midfield.  If we were to start very negative that would imply Azpi ahead of Alonso.
Perhaps (I'd recommend) we start with Jorginho and Kovacic deep, effectively making it 2 DMs and 2 CBs instead of 3CBs and a DM and keeping contact with Liverpools very mobile front players, but allowing our FBs to get forward.  Then a press with both FBs, Mount Werner and Kante involved sounds fun.

chelboy   

Something must have happened if Rudiger is fit and not even on the bench while Tomori is there? He was there last game. Perhaps he is on the move? 

paulw66   

CHO still can't get a start even with Pedro and Willian off, and Pulisic and Ziyech injured. 

I wonder what would be made of that if the other chap was in charge 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

CHO still can't get a start even with Pedro and Willian off, and Pulisic and Ziyech injured. 

Has he done enough to warrant a start?

kratos   
1 minute ago, paulw66 said:

Not a lot width to call on Paul. We've seen how much better we are when we get the ball wide.

Hope Puli doesn't constantly get hampered with niggles. He's only 22.