• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea vs Liverpool

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:30 hrs. on Sunday, 20th September 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

JaneB   

And just remember, they’re a different kind of club 🤔🙄

bert19   

I hope we use all of our oligarch-owned power to absolutely smoke them.  

Or fluke our way to a 1-0 win after they've hit the bar six times

• Like 1

Must win game , especially when Leeds do them . Like bert19 , A VAR horrorshow 1-0 clearly handball offside "not obvious error" goal will do me lovely .

Really I'd love to thrash them back to the sixties. 

I've come to really dread this fixture. Glancing at the history, we've only  beaten them once in the league since 2014. In the words of Kevin Keegan, would absolutely love it if we beat them.

paulw66   
On 10/09/2020 at 3:15 PM, Mark Kelly said:

Must win game , especially when Leeds do them . Like bert19 , A VAR horrorshow 1-0 clearly handball offside "not obvious error" goal will do me lovely .

Really I'd love to thrash them back to the sixties. 

If there is a VAR horrorshow, we all know exactly which team benefits. 

I'm really looking forward to this, which is odd for a game against Liverpool, but I've got a good feeling about this one.

If we can get Pulisic back and involved that will be a massive help and Frank needs to never try out that odd 4222 formation again, none of our players suited it!

For me, I would go with:

Kepa

James - Christensen - Zouma - Azpi

Kante - Kovacic

Mount - Havertz - CHO

Werner

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Jorginho, Barkley, Pulisic, Giroud, Tammy

Horrible game at the best of times, let alone this early. No game all season I enjoy as little as this one, hate the build up and come to hate the match in recent times. Obviously if we win, then it does also provide one of the best feelings all season!

Would not be surprised to see Barkley start after his cameo on Monday. No doubt he will be moderate at best and remind everyone why he does not start, should he get the nod here.

The way their full backs play means that is the area where we can get some space to exploit them. I would be inclined to put our pace out wide, which would mean Pulisic and Werner starting in wider roles. I would also look to take Alonso out of this fixture as he could leave a lot of space for TAA to do some serious damage.

Kepa

James          Zouma     Christensen     Azpilicueta

Kovacic          Kante             Mount

Pulisic       Giroud      Werner                                 

paulw66   
4 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Horrible game at the best of times, let alone this early. No game all season I enjoy as little as this one, hate the build up and come to hate the match in recent times. Obviously if we win, then it does also provide one of the best feelings all season!

Would not be surprised to see Barkley start after his cameo on Monday. No doubt he will be moderate at best and remind everyone why he does not start, should he get the nod here.

The way their full backs play means that is the area where we can get some space to exploit them. I would be inclined to put our pace out wide, which would mean Pulisic and Werner starting in wider roles. I would also look to take Alonso out of this fixture as he could leave a lot of space for TAA to do some serious damage.

Kepa

James          Zouma     Christensen     Azpilicueta

Kovacic          Kante             Mount

Pulisic       Giroud      Werner                                 

My worry with that formation is the overloads on the full backs.......... I would play Kante Kova and Jorgi in there. Leave some attacking players on the bench and go for it in the last 30 minutes. 

Both league games last season we were behind before the seats were warm. Keep it tight early. 

chelboy   

Are we really feeling Kepa for this one? I feel Pool will just have a shoot on site policy and they have many players that can lash one from range. Teams will know you don’t have to build up against us and you can just shoot and most likely score. 

• Like 1