• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

NEW FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT 2020

JaneB   

Hi Everyone

You may or may not have noticed that Michael hasn't been on the forum for the past few weeks which is most unusual and a bit worrying.

I have tried contacting him by private e mail but with no response so far.

Obviously the main thing is that Michael and his family are ok and I will keep you updated if I hear from him.

In the meantime, I think there are only two of us doing 'admin' on here, with me doing most of the day to day stuff, which is a bit daunting without Michael's support and experience.

I was hoping to try again to get the registration problems sorted out so we could bring in new members.  Michael did try last year but with no co-operation from the current owners it is very difficult.

Anyway, that will have to go into abeyance for the time being until I know where we are on here.

Over the past few months we have had about 120 members on the forum, not all of them are regulars and not all of them post, but hopefully with the new season upon us it will get busier.

Naturally I am hoping that Michael will re-appear soon and that all is well with him, but for the minute I will do my best to keep things ticking along and if I need any help I will certainly ask for it.

Thanks for reading and for the nice messages I have had.

Jane :-)

Hope Michael is OK. I emailed him about a week ago and got no reply, but the previous time I emailed him it was a good few weeks before he replied, so I wasn't too concerned.

JaneB   
1 hour ago, NoblyBobly said:

Hope Mike is ok. Bit strange he should make no contact. I feel for you being left a bit high and dry. I'm sure there's a few helping hands out there. 

Indeed ☹️
Yes I have had two offers of help which is very kind. I’m going to see what happens in the next few weeks and then take things from there. 

Ham   

I'm inclined to think that MT simply couldn't be arsed anymore. Seemed quite grumpy most of the time recently.

At least I hope that's the case and nothing sinister. 

42 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm inclined to think that MT simply couldn't be arsed anymore. Seemed quite grumpy most of the time recently.

At least I hope that's the case and nothing sinister. 

Was/is Michael married Ham?

Ham   
3 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Was/is Michael married Ham?

Was it the "grumpy" comment that prompted this question Pete?

BTW, welcome back 👍

chara   

I could understand Michael throwing in the towel but never struck me as the sort of guy who would just walk away without a word..hope nothing nasty has happened.

Thanks for the update Jane, hopefully, all is well with Michael and he just has other (hopefully positive) distractions in his life at the moment.

Shout if and when I can help, be more than pleased to give a bit back to this forum and maybe my 'technical knowledge' could be of help with some of the issues you're having around new registrations.

• Thanks 1

Sciatika   

11 hours ago, Ham said:

To be fair. there were times when he had reason.