• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hrs. on Saturday, 26th September 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

JaneB   
31 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Indeed. I did put a link on the Chelsea Loans thread.

Some interesting calls to make ahead of this game. Havertz has probably played himself back into the 11 after his hat trick, I suspect he would have been on the bench and given time. Last night may have changed that ahead of this game.

Silva will probably be given more time I expect. So we could be looking at Zouma and Tomori as Rudiger seems out of the picture at present (which I think is a mistake). 

Barkley might be playing himself into contention. Jorginho has been bang average in his two league games so far and on current form is probably 4th in pecking order.

Tammy looked sharp against inferior opposition, but he seemed to lead the line well and link up play well. He might have played his way in.

Really interesting team announcement for this game I think. 

Holymoly   
5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Silva will probably be given more time I expect. So we could be looking at Zouma and Tomori as Rudiger seems out of the picture at present (which I think is a mistake).

If the rumours are true that Rudiger wants out I would be disappointed. I'd have expected he'd have knuckled down and applied himself to get back into contention rather than cutting and running at the first sign of trouble. Especially from a German, who tend to be made of sterner stuff than some of the snowflakes.

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

If the rumours are true that Rudiger wants out I would be disappointed. I'd have expected he'd have knuckled down and applied himself to get back into contention rather than cutting and running at the first sign of trouble. Especially from a German, who tend to be made of sterner stuff than some of the snowflakes.

Rmours I've heard states that the club isvery  unimpressed by his "uncomfortable" attitude over recent weeks. 

Apparently we are looking to sell him. 

Personally I'm not too fussed. He isn't much better than a CB3 for us and if he isn't happy with that role he's free to leave imo. Won't lose any sleep over this. 

My starting XI for the weekend would be;

-----------------Caballero

James-Tomori-Zouma-Azpilicueta

--------Kanté-------------Kovacic

Mount-------Havertz-------Werner

-----------------Abraham

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Silva, Chilwell, Barkley, Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud

Missing out: Alonso, Emerson, Rüdiger, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek

Injured: Ziyech, Gilmour, Pulisic

Holymoly   

I'd like to see Abraham or Giroud instead of this false 9 nonsense. Werner and CHO (we really need to get him firing) with Mount (or more likely Havertz after the last game) playing 10. Kante and "Anyone but Jorginho" in midfield.

I know CHO is a flair player but he needs to apply himself in games and just try to do the basics until he hits a streak. It will be all too easy for him to play himself out of contention then the mutterings will begin to strengthen that he needs to move on. We need both him and Ziyech in the squad in the same way we need both Werner and Pulisic and Havertz and Mount.