3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Christensen straight back into the starting 11, no rudiger

Hoping Havertz plays centrally

Looks like it                    Abarham

Werner      Havertz      Mount

Edited by charlie_sw69

Faramir   
1 minute ago, Bison said:

I really wonder what incriminating evidence Christensen has on Lampard.

lol.... I hope Christensen can have a good game today. I was expecting Zouma.

Abraham and Werner - it makes a lot of sense to me.

Still can't see the sense in Alonso when Chilwell is the coming man and Azpi can play there.  Is Frank going to have a sit down with him at some point?

3 PL games and Rudiger, Giroud and Azpi have 1 sub appearance between them, and now Jorginho and Kepa are dropped (for GK3).

There is some serious nonsense going on.

Hadn't initially noticed no Zouma, our best CB over the last few months. Kepa also dropped and Jorginho benched.

Despite what any of us on here thinks it seems to me that, if he could, Frank would like to move on Kepa, Rudiger, and Jorginho. And the other obvious Emersons etc

5 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I'm sure he will play Harvetz central behind Abraham, just like against Barnsley.

Maybe.  My guess is Werner plays just off Abraham 9which is how I would describe the Barnsley game.  With Werner running beyond on occasion.  Mount and Havertz to play both centrally and wide as they feel, and both dropping into a midfield 4 without the ball.

Hell of a press if WBA ever try to play the ball.

Ivanovic not on bench  - pity.

chelboy   

I can’t understand the Christensen decision. Why do our coaching staff rate him so highly? Complete kick in the face against Tomori after that performance against Pool. Surely questions need to be asked by Tomori. That decision makes it seem impossible for him to get ahead. I'm guessing Zouma is injured or maybe Covid. 

Bison   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Still can't see the sense in Alonso when Chilwell is the coming man and Azpi can play there.  Is Frank going to have a sit down with him at some point?

3 PL games and Rudiger, Giroud and Azpi have 1 sub appearance between them, and now Jorginho and Kepa are dropped (for GK3).

Kepa should be GK4. Not sure what the complaint is there?

Azpi probably isn't fit enough to start.

Rudiger and Jorginho are hopefully in the process of being moved on.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Hadn't initially noticed no Zouma, our best CB over the last few months. Kepa also dropped and Jorginho benched.

Despite what any of us on here thinks it seems to me that, if he could, Frank would like to move on Kepa, Rudiger, and Jorginho. And the other obvious Emersons etc

It certainly appears that way.  The only way any of this makes sense is if there are some massive moves in and out before October 5th.
Conte and Mourinho calling?  I bet they would love Rudiger and Azpi

1 minute ago, Bison said:

Azpi probably isn't fit enough to start.

Rudiger and Jorginho are hopefully in the process of being moved on.

So why did Azpi stay on for the full 90 against Barnsley?

Yes - some big moves would be an explanation.  But Declan Rice started both WHU league games.  You can't let Rudiger and Jorginho go without replacing both of them (and Thiago is a stopgap, not our long term first choice CB).

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

It certainly appears that way.  The only way any of this makes sense is if there are some massive moves in and out before October 5th.
Conte and Mourinho calling?  I bet they would love Rudiger and Azpi

Azpi is coming back from a hamstring injury in the cup final, still the captain so don't think he is going anywhere. Frank said he was being cautious with Chilwells recovery too. Giroud, given his age, is probably a bit behind in fitness too.

Rudiger has been quite outspoken with criticism after games in the past. My guess is there has been a bit of a disagreement or attitude problem, rather than a decision made purely on ability or performance.

Kepa dropped due to his and Willy's form.

Given the creative talent we have signed further up the pitch, I think we can now make the trade off of having some defensive stability in midfield by not playing Jorginho