• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

Kezza   

Don't know what you guys expect. Azpi lost his place to a resurgent James. What's wrong with that? He's also losing left back later to Chilwell anyway so what's the point of crying foul of Lamps? You want lamps to take tough decisions here are a few and you all can't live with it .

Bison   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

So why did Azpi stay on for the full 90 against Barnsley?

Yes - some big moves would be an explanation.  But Declan Rice started both WHU league games.  You can't let Rudiger and Jorginho go without replacing both of them (and Thiago is a stopgap, not our long term first choice CB).

That was his first game since the cup final. 90 mins against crap opposition is a good way to ease him back into fitness.

Christensen back in the starting lineup. Forget 9 lives. This cat has 19 lives. Zouma must be unavailable not to even make the bench. The rest of the lineup is within expectation. 

5 hours ago, JaneB said:

@Droy was my hero @The_Ghost

You both contribute a lot to the forum but please if you want to score points off each other can you do it in private.

We all support the same team and we don't need all this 'attitude' towards one another.  It's possible to disagree and have a healthy debate without resorting to name calling.

This is just the sort of thing that is putting some members off the forum and we don't want to keep losing good people.  A few 'older' members seem to have come back in too and I don't want to lose them again.

It's not just you two obviously so this is a general message to everyone.

And a special note to @Droy was my hero .......just because Michael is no longer around (more of which at the end of the month) doesn't mean you can get away with what you like.  I'm not a soft touch and I'm not going to let a few spoil it for the majority on here.

Thank you gents.

Quite right. I have stuck my head back in the door this week and have started wondering why I bothered. I used to love the banter on here with Khobar and Duffo (and DWMH before he set himself up as the arbiter of all truth), as well as many others, most of whom no longer post in this forum because of its increasing toxicity.

2 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Azpi is coming back from a hamstring injury in the cup final, still the captain so don't think he is going anywhere. Frank said he was being cautious with Chilwells recovery too. Giroud, given his age, is probably a bit behind in fitness too.

Rudiger has been quite outspoken with criticism after games in the past. My guess is there has been a bit of a disagreement or attitude problem, rather than a decision made purely on ability or performance.

Kepa dropped due to his and Willy's form.

Given the creative talent we have signed further up the pitch, I think we can now make the trade off of having some defensive stability in midfield by not playing Jorginho

Not convinced about Azpi.  If he comes on for Alonso after 60 mins that might persuade me.

The Rudiger fall out story doesn't convince me at all (though a someone is after Rudiger story might).
Maybe I have just not seen genuine quotes - all I have seen is how he helped recruit our new Germans by encouraging them to come when on international duty.

And I am certainly not convinced about Willy's form, but I can see why Kepa doesn't play.

Kovacic for Jorginho makes sense only if we stop farting about at the back.  If we try that without Jorginho watching could be really painful.

Christensen again what does Lampard see in him ? I honestly think he’s the weakest of the 5 cbs we have . Mount seems to play every week should started with odoi to give us some natural width. 3-2 Chelsea Tammy ,Werner And odoi coming of the bench for the winner 

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

Quite right. I have stuck my head back in the door this week and have started wondering why I bothered. I used to love the banter on here with Khobar and Duffo (and DWMH before he set himself up as the arbiter of all truth), as well as many others, most of whom no longer post in this forum because of its increasing toxicity.

You are one of the longstanding members I was referring to. 

Hopefully the message will get across so please stay.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The Rudiger fall out story doesn't convince me at all (though a someone is after Rudiger story might).
Maybe I have just not seen genuine quotes - all I have seen is how he helped recruit our new Germans by encouraging them to come when on international duty. 

I've watched him being interviewed in the tunnel after losses before and slag off the offensive players, or pointing the finger at individual errors. Don't get me wrong it's what the fans were probably thinking, but if you are part of the team I  can't imagine it goes down well. I know you watch the games on the official site after the event so maybe you don't see the Jeff Shreeves (or whoever) after game bits.

I actually thought Rudiger was good in his first two seasons, Frank was eager to have him back last season too, so I can't imagine why he would be dropped completely other than some issue. Tomori now appears to be 4th choice so it makes sense to me if he goes on loan and we keep the other 4 (if there's not been a fall out) 

Christensen and Rudiger both entering their last two years of contract. Could be we decided both aren't good enough so trying to get AC to sign a new one, to protect his value, and tring to shift Rudiger now.

Kezza   

Also stop crying for CHO. Against Barnsley has he shown why he deserve to play more?

Edited by Kezza