• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

9 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

17-18 he was carried by other more experienced defenders. 18-19 wasn’t any more than average. Last season he was disastrous. Never rated him and that’s the honest truth. Nothing about him that stands out in a positive manner. 

His knee injuries has taken their toll and he was never the most intelligent footballer. Physique isn’t what it once was. Now he has no strengths. Sell. 

Like I said you must have been very silent in those years, not like you to avoid non-consensus ideas.

10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

. Nothing about him that stands out in a positive manner. 

Have you not noticed who the fastest players in the team are?  Werner, Rudiger, CHO, in that order.

13 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

. Sell. 

disagree - mainly because IMO Silva will not last the course - silver might be ok for CL games, he will be found out at PL level. Even the JT knew before he was 36 when to call it a day from the PL

JT also played a lot fewer games for the club in his last couple of seasons

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

11 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

17-18 he was carried by other more experienced defenders. 18-19 wasn’t any more than average. Last season he was disastrous. Never rated him and that’s the honest truth. Nothing about him that stands out in a positive manner. 

His knee injuries has taken their toll and he was never the most intelligent footballer. Physique isn’t what it once was. Now he has no strengths. Sell. 

Very harsh. 18-19 he was not average, he was consistently good every week. For consistency alone , he was POTY for me that season.

Hazard got it because he produced some brilliant spells and goals, but he also had some quiet spells following an injury where he was out for few weeks.

He deserves a pass on last seasons form, based on what he did in his first two seasons. Clearly, a repeat of last season cannot be accepted though.

We talk about last season, he was only bad post restart for me. His form in first half of season was not as good as previous seasons, but the bad form came after restart which surely counts as slight unconventional times for everybody. 

• Like 1

chelboy   
14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Have you not noticed who the fastest players in the team are?  Werner, Rudiger, CHO, in that order.

Tomori, Chilwell , Pulisic , Tammy and Havertz are all pretty quick. After Werner it’s a bit tricky to guess who’s the fastest. 

Rudiger was quality in his first two seasons, then suffered a horrendous injury, anyone that says otherwise is just wrong.

There was zero talk of him being anything other than class and absolutely nobody even mentioned he was not good enough and we should sell him.

The Rudiger, pre injury is a different level to anything we currently have. When he came back he was expected to be our saviour but was thrown in to the defensive shambles that was last season. Far too many players, not just defenders, pretty much everyone in fact have been so much worse defensively under Frank it's pretty clear what the problem is.

It will be a huge mistake to sell him, especially when you consider the other centre halfs at the club and I'd put a lot of money on him going to a very big club if he does leave.

22 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It will be a huge mistake to sell him, especially when you consider the other centre halfs at the club and I'd put a lot of money on him going to a very big club if he does leave.

Agree - I do hope this not a Frank power thing trying to get him out of the door.

I can see Marina & the committee agreeing to his sale, when there are others in the squad which should be higher up the pecking order for moving on and help balance the books. If we got 50m for him it would cost in excess of 80m to replace him next season, which is not good business practice, 

SS_89   

Rudiger was very good when he first came here but last season was a disaster. I don't think you can simply give him a pass because the whole defence was bad as he made some absolutely catastrophic individual mistakes that either led directly to goals or put us under pressure and at a rate I wouldn't expect to see from a top CB. That being said with a more assured partner next to him maybe he could get back to his better form? Who knows but if he's not willing to play himself into contention then so be it.

2 hours ago, chelboy said:

Tomori, Chilwell , Pulisic , Tammy and Havertz are all pretty quick. After Werner it’s a bit tricky to guess who’s the fastest. 

Kovacic is a lot quicker than people realise. 

29 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Agree - I do hope this not a Frank power thing trying to get him out of the door.

Let's hope not, he done it with Liiz and 12 months later we bring in a 36 year old Thiago Silva that's never played in the league.

29 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I can see Marina & the committee agreeing to his sale, when there are others in the squad which should be higher up the pecking order for moving on and help balance the books. If we got 50m for him it would cost in excess of 80m to replace him next season, which is not good business practice, 

Yeah, he's literally the last centre half we should be looking to move on.

2 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

Rudiger was very good when he first came here but last season was a disaster. I don't think you can simply give him a pass because the whole defence was bad as he made some absolutely catastrophic individual mistakes that either led directly to goals or put us under pressure and at a rate I wouldn't expect to see from a top CB. That being said with a more assured partner next to him maybe he could get back to his better form? Who knows but if he's not willing to play himself into contention then so be it.

I am definitely against selling him, but if he wants to go or Lamps wants him out then we need to accept it. I could see him being a good partner for Silva. Yes, he was not good last season, and Zouma is ahead of him on current form, but I can't see why he can't get back to his pre-injury form.