• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Kovacic is a lot quicker than people realise. 

Optical illusion - it is because he is standing in the right place next to Jorginho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yeah, he is literally the last centre half we should be looking to move on.

worst case loan him for a season - as nobody knows who will be coaching the squad next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SS_89 said:

Rudiger was very good when he first came here but last season was a disaster. I don't think you can simply give him a pass because the whole defence was bad as he made some absolutely catastrophic individual mistakes that either led directly to goals or put us under pressure and at a rate I wouldn't expect to see from a top CB.

Not sure he gets a free pass but when you have had a very serious injury and come back to a team that as a whole defend like a bottom half side I think it's fair to give him some leeway. He has shown, previous to Frank coming just how good he is. When Rudiger, Kepa, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen have their worst season for us, Luiz gets shipped out before kicking a ball, then Tomori getting dropped for no apparent reason and Emerson barely getting a look in you have to wonder if there is something not quite right with the management/coaching set up when it comes to defending, both individually and as a team.

There is a chance, a fair chance that they simply haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Edited by Martin1905

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

 

There is a chance, a fair chance that they simply haven't got a clue what they are doing.

I hate to be "that guy" but I suspect you are correct . Sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I suspect you are correct . Sadly.

A Sh*t, wounded, relegation fodder team, is an interesting test. 

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure he gets a free pass but when you have had a very serious injury and come back to a team that as a whole defend like a bottom half side I think it's fair to give him some leeway. He has shown, previous to Frank coming just how good he is. When Rudiger, Kepa, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen have their worst season for us, Luiz gets shipped out before kicking a ball, then Tomori getting dropped for no apparent reason and Emerson barely getting a look in you have to wonder if there is something not quite right with the management/coaching set up when it comes to defending, both individually and as a team.

There is a chance, a fair chance that they simply haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Maybe, with all the money we've spent we now need to recoup some - and Rudiger is probably the only defender we can receive a good price for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Maybe, with all the money we've spent we now need to recoup some - and Rudiger is probably the only defender we can receive a good price for

All of our CBs would command a good fee: Tomori, Zouma, Christensen and Rüdiger. Silva's age would count against him, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

There is a chance, a fair chance that they simply haven't got a clue what they are doing.

Beginning to look that way.

Development coaching.  And trying to keep all the players happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Beginning to look that way.

Development coaching.  And trying to keep all the players happy.

Unless you have had some very frank and uncomfortable discussions at the end of the season with the players that had done reasonably well to get fourth place , and lets face it two losses to United meant they got six extra points and we lost out on six points so we'd in essence almost done enough to get third place , then surely you look at your regulars like Giroud , who'd been excellent and start them and phase in the new players when the need arises not throw everything out the window and start again with the newbies.

Piss poor man management , he'll have a whole host of disgruntled players on his hands expected to dig him out of a hole of his own making .

It's a recipe for disaster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.