• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

DannyLB   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I suspect you are correct . Sadly.

Except, you don't. That's consistently your narrative these days. You and BlueRod. Own it. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Unless you have had some very frank and uncomfortable discussions at the end of the season with the players that had done reasonably well to get fourth place , and lets face it two losses to United meant they got six extra points and we lost out on six points so we'd in essence almost done enough to get third place , then surely you look at your regulars like Giroud , who'd been excellent and start them and phase in the new players when the need arises not throw everything out the window and start again with the newbies.

Piss poor man management , he'll have a whole host of disgruntled players on his hands expected to dig him out of a hole of his own making .

It's a recipe for disaster. 

If it goes pear shape “hopefully not” there are at least 4 top notch managers/ coaches twiddling their thumbs at home. 

14 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Except, you don't. That's consistently your narrative these days. You and BlueRod. Own it. 

I still don't like it Danny , who would ?

Rob B   
6 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The negativity in this place is becoming tedious, to say the least.

Agreed. 

We came joint third last season and got to the FA Cup final having lost our best player, didn’t sign anyone for two windows, thus bringing through a load of academy lads, in what was our coaching team’s first year in top flight football. 

Since then, we’ve gone out and bought a host of incredibly exciting young talent with real purpose in the window, as well as an aging but still very good, leader in defence.

And we have won 2 out of our opening 3 games, with the one we lost being to the current Champions. 

What is there to be actually negative about right now?  It doesn’t get much better does it? 

• Like 3

JaneB   

This is just a random thought and probably over simplified,  but I don't always understand some of the thoughts on here.

One minute we desperately need a lot of new players because our current ones just aren't up to it.  We get some in but then we shouldn't play them because it will upset some of the older players who will then turn against Frank because they are being left out.  Huh?

And I love the way Barkley has become a very good squad player to have.  Not long ago he was one of the worst players ever to have worn a Chelsea shirt and should be shipped out asap.

I guess we are ALL guilty of impulsive opinions and thinking we can do a better job than Frank or that there is yet another manager sitting at home who can.

Damn it, you're right. Except the bit about it not getting much better - which it hopefully will. The roses are smelling good (to me at least), and I do love difficult challenges. This year, top three would me - we're still building, and while cups are the icing on the cake, short term gain is not worth sacrificing good growth for.  Of course, I'll not complain if we win the lot. That positive enough for you, Rob?

• Like 1

I really do find it so odd, the negativity seems to have reached an all-time high, with so much of it aimed at our manager. We're 3 games into a new season after a successful previous season (regardless of what anyone now says, not many thought we'd get top 4), we've signed a bunch of good young players and we're not integrating them into the team. Things really are not that bad.

I understand everyone has opinions and frustrations and I don't expect to come here and it all be roses and rainbows, but seriously, the amount of point-scoring that constantly seems to take place, the feeling that some posters are so above everyone else and opinions are facts and nobody should ever disagree is all starting to form quite a toxic environment that I just don't think I want to be part of anymore.

I have more than enough stress in my day to day life, including Chelsea at times, that coming here used to be a nice way to escape for a bit with like-minded people who shared a love of the game and a love of our club, but somehow it's become so painfully negative and argumentative, I think I'm going to bow out.

I hope I'm not overreacting after a bad day and a long week, but here we are.

KTBFFH!

Edited by My Blood Is Blue
  • Like 1

JaneB   
17 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I really do find it so odd, the negativity seems to have reached an all-time high, with so much of it aimed at our manager. We're 3 games into a new season after a successful previous season (regardless of what anyone now says, not many thought we'd get top 4), we've signed a bunch of good young players and we're not integrating them into the team. Things really are not that bad.

I understand everyone has opinions and frustrations and I don't expect to come here and it all be roses and rainbows, but seriously, the amount of point-scoring that constantly seems to take place, the feeling that some posters are so above everyone else and opinions are facts and nobody should ever disagree is all starting to form quite a toxic environment that I just don't think I want to be part of anymore.

I have more than enough stress in my day to day life, including Chelsea at times, that coming here used to be a nice way to escape for a bit with like-minded people who shared a love of the game and a love of our club, but somehow it's become so painfully negative and argumentative, I think I'm going to bow out.

KTBFFH!

Oh PLEASE don’t do that ☹️
We’re not all negative on here and we need posters like you.

Sorry you’re having a tough time atm. Maybe take a break but please come back 💙

46 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

KTBFFH!

Don't you dare! 

We need people like you to lift the mood. 

I'm getting very little joy from what appears to be happening (fear more than desire) and we need the lighter touch from the likes of you to help haul us back over the parapet. 

I'm heartily sorry if what I've contributed to the forum recently has upset you, I'm often wildly wrong about things so I really wouldn't read too much into it other than a silly old fart having a moan. 

I will try and hold back on my criticism and doom mongering 

I sincerely hope everything turns out OK with SFL and I'm left with a supermarket full of egg on my face. 

• Like 1