• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

Recommended Posts

chara   
1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't you dare! 

We need people like you to lift the mood. 

I'm getting very little joy from what appears to be happening (fear more than desire) and we need the lighter touch from the likes of you to help haul us back over the parapet. 

I'm heartily sorry if what I've contributed to the forum recently has upset you, I'm often wildly wrong about things so I really wouldn't read too much into it other than a silly old fart having a moan. 

I will try and hold back on my criticism and doom mongering 

I sincerely hope everything turns out OK with SFL and I'm left with a supermarket full of egg on my face. 

That goes for me too MBiB....stick with us.....and Mark...yep..I get it wrong so often I wonder why anyone bothers to comment on my stuff!...perhaps a boob Hall of Shame needs to be started!!! (Especially for those who delight in puns...a shameful elite!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the outburst all, been one of those weeks, months, year and I hadn’t had a beer yet!

Must day I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how many people have reached out mainly just to check I’m ok and it reminded me not to take this place so seriously, enjoy it for what it is and maybe just ignore some people on some days.

That said, I think I’ll take a break all the same, maybe pop in and read what you all have to say and jump in when you’ve really wound me up to the point where I need to set you straight.

Bloody Chels, look what it does to us (me)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
26 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sorry for the outburst all, been one of those weeks, months, year and I hadn’t had a beer yet!

Must day I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how many people have reached out mainly just to check I’m ok and it reminded me not to take this place so seriously, enjoy it for what it is and maybe just ignore some people on some days.

That said, I think I’ll take a break all the same, maybe pop in and read what you all have to say and jump in when you’ve really wound me up to the point where I need to set you straight.

Bloody Chels, look what it does to us (me)!

Take a short break but be back here in time for the match day thread tomorrow.  👍 Don't be late.  

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Rudiger was quality in his first two seasons, then suffered a horrendous injury, anyone that says otherwise is just wrong.

There was zero talk of him being anything other than class and absolutely nobody even mentioned he was not good enough and we should sell him.

The Rudiger, pre injury is a different level to anything we currently have. When he came back he was expected to be our saviour but was thrown in to the defensive shambles that was last season. Far too many players, not just defenders, pretty much everyone in fact have been so much worse defensively under Frank it's pretty clear what the problem is.

It will be a huge mistake to sell him, especially when you consider the other centre halfs at the club and I'd put a lot of money on him going to a very big club if he does leave.

I suppose one can remember what one wants to remember. We ain’t got no history has a rating for every player every season and Rudigers average has gone from 6.7 2017-18 (team average 6.5), 6.5 2018-19 (Team average 6.4) and 6.0 2019-20 (team average 6.3). 

Rudiger is basically on par with Christensen in terms of average seasonal rating for the three seasons we are talking about. To me that doesn’t seem like Chelsea fans rating Rudiger as some type of world class defender. He’s just as average as Christensen ffs. He has basically been the definition of average according to the readers and followers of we ain’t got no history. You may disagree. Fine. But don’t pretend Chelsea fans are generally agreeing with you. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sorry for the outburst all, been one of those weeks, months, year and I hadn’t had a beer yet!

Must day I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how many people have reached out mainly just to check I’m ok and it reminded me not to take this place so seriously, enjoy it for what it is and maybe just ignore some people on some days.

That said, I think I’ll take a break all the same, maybe pop in and read what you all have to say and jump in when you’ve really wound me up to the point where I need to set you straight.

Bloody Chels, look what it does to us (me)!

Does it to us all!!  They have caused me more joy and misery in equal measure over the years than almost anything else.

Keep popping in and obviously your Annual Awards must continue!! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I suppose one can remember what one wants to remember. We ain’t got no history has a rating for every player every season and Rudigers average has gone from 6.7 2017-18 (team average 6.5), 6.5 2018-19 (Team average 6.4) and 6.0 2019-20 (team average 6.3). 

For anyone to be above average in a team that has Kante and Hazard on top form in it is doing very well.  For a defender in those seasons he is doing really well.
Thanks for backing us up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

For anyone to be above average in a team that has Kante and Hazard on top form in it is doing very well.  For a defender in those seasons he is doing really well.
Thanks for backing us up.

Said the man without looking at the source. 

👍👏👏

Rudiger = Christensen over a sample period of three seasons. I think you have lost the argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Said the man without looking at the source. 

👍👏👏

Rudiger = Christensen over a sample period of three seasons. I think you have lost the argument. 

Your evidence - and your argument - lost.  Silly emoticons don't change that.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Your evidence - and your argument - lost.  Silly emoticons don't change that.
 

My evidence is the ratings from Chelsea fans for two of our players over a sample period of three seasons. 

What’s yours? Besides the usual snarky attitude and puffed chest? Do you even have any? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.