• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Bromwich Albion 3 Chelsea 3

Blue Rod   
19 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

Not sure he gets a free pass but when you have had a very serious injury and come back to a team that as a whole defend like a bottom half side I think it's fair to give him some leeway. He has shown, previous to Frank coming just how good he is. When Rudiger, Kepa, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Christensen have their worst season for us, Luiz gets shipped out before kicking a ball, then Tomori getting dropped for no apparent reason and Emerson barely getting a look in you have to wonder if there is something not quite right with the management/coaching set up when it comes to defending, both individually and as a team.

There is a chance, a fair chance that they simply haven't got a clue what they are doing.

I'm with you, Martin. People may say I'm negative, but I think the collective and sudden decline in the performance of nearly every senior and even younger player is simply scary.

I actually think that Rudiger's decline is no worse than that of, say Jorginho, who for all his defensive weaknesses, got every pundit salivating over his passing ability under Sarri, or Alonso, who barely looks like a Championship FB these days, never mind a PL winner, or Emerson who no longer looks like a footballer at all. 

The closer you are to the final moment of a goal being scored, the more people remember your contributions, your mistakes magnified. We seemed to forget opponents slicing through our midfield and flanks at will before Rudiger's mistakes last season. It's as if Rudiger was solely responsible for pressing upfield, defending the centre of midfield,  the flanks. FB position, as well as being a centre half. 

If we are going to do well this season, and I really hope we will, the deciding factor would be Lampard getting the entire squad playing well, a system of play where every player understands and masters their roles, getting the older players on his side,  the new signings gelling with the established ones, and a healthy atmosphere of competition for spots (rather than try to fit two square pegs in a round hole)

We now have enough players to play some decent and consistent football. Lets direct our focus where it matters. Because we can debate Rudiger all day and compare him to Christensen or even Bogarde, but the person who most needs evidence and statistics to back up his qualifications for the job, is not Rudiger the defender; it is Frank Lampard the PL manager. 

3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

My evidence is the ratings from Chelsea fans for two of our players over a sample period of three seasons. 

What’s yours? Besides the usual snarky attitude and puffed chest? Do you even have any? 

And they showed Rudiger better than average in 2 seasons where Kante and hazard were brilliant.  Thank you.

JaneB   

@Droy was my hero @The_Ghost

You both contribute a lot to the forum but please if you want to score points off each other can you do it in private.

We all support the same team and we don't need all this 'attitude' towards one another.  It's possible to disagree and have a healthy debate without resorting to name calling.

This is just the sort of thing that is putting some members off the forum and we don't want to keep losing good people.  A few 'older' members seem to have come back in too and I don't want to lose them again.

It's not just you two obviously so this is a general message to everyone.

And a special note to @Droy was my hero .......just because Michael is no longer around (more of which at the end of the month) doesn't mean you can get away with what you like.  I'm not a soft touch and I'm not going to let a few spoil it for the majority on here.

Thank you gents.

Holymoly   
23 minutes ago, JaneB said:

@Droy was my hero @The_Ghost

This is just the sort of thing that is putting some members off the forum and we don't want to keep losing good people.  A few 'older' members seem to have come back in too and I don't want to lose them again.

It's not just you two obviously so this is a general message to everyone.

To be honest I just scroll past and if things get really bad I just block the individual in question. I have several people blocked yet these two still show up so they can't be as bad as all that. Just remember guys its the internet and no-one really cares what you think so there's no point getting your panties in a puddle over it.

On 24/09/2020 at 8:43 AM, The_Ghost said:

My starting XI for the weekend would be;

-----------------Caballero

James-Tomori-Zouma-Azpilicueta

--------Kanté-------------Kovacic

Mount-------Havertz-------Werner

-----------------Abraham

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Silva, Chilwell, Barkley, Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud

Missing out: Alonso, Emerson, Rüdiger, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek

Injured: Ziyech, Gilmour, Pulisic

Looks like a good selection Ghost, although why Azpi over Chilwell?

Blue Rod   
9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

To be honest I just scroll past and if things get really bad I just block the individual in question. I have several people blocked yet these two still show up so they can't be as bad as all that. Just remember guys its the internet and no-one really cares what you think so there's no point getting your panties in a puddle over it.

I just block everyone but myself. I can't deal with the stress of reading other people's opinions. 

20 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Unless you have had some very frank and uncomfortable discussions at the end of the season with the players that had done reasonably well to get fourth place , and lets face it two losses to United meant they got six extra points and we lost out on six points so we'd in essence almost done enough to get third place , then surely you look at your regulars like Giroud , who'd been excellent and start them and phase in the new players when the need arises not throw everything out the window and start again with the newbies.

Piss poor man management , he'll have a whole host of disgruntled players on his hands expected to dig him out of a hole of his own making .

It's a recipe for disaster. 

You've become an anti-Frank fanatic mate.

But that doesn't mean you might not be right. It's still wait and see time for me at the mo'.....

20 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

If it goes pear shape “hopefully not” there are at least 4 top notch managers/ coaches twiddling their thumbs at home. 

Who are they Robert? Offhand I can only think of Poch....

18 hours ago, JaneB said:

Oh PLEASE don’t do that ☹️
We’re not all negative on here and we need posters like you.

Sorry you’re having a tough time atm. Maybe take a break but please come back 💙

Hear hear! 

18 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I really do find it so odd, the negativity seems to have reached an all-time high, with so much of it aimed at our manager. We're 3 games into a new season after a successful previous season (regardless of what anyone now says, not many thought we'd get top 4), we've signed a bunch of good young players and we're not integrating them into the team. Things really are not that bad.

I understand everyone has opinions and frustrations and I don't expect to come here and it all be roses and rainbows, but seriously, the amount of point-scoring that constantly seems to take place, the feeling that some posters are so above everyone else and opinions are facts and nobody should ever disagree is all starting to form quite a toxic environment that I just don't think I want to be part of anymore.

I have more than enough stress in my day to day life, including Chelsea at times, that coming here used to be a nice way to escape for a bit with like-minded people who shared a love of the game and a love of our club, but somehow it's become so painfully negative and argumentative, I think I'm going to bow out.

I hope I'm not overreacting after a bad day and a long week, but here we are.

KTBFFH!

Stay on board Blue, (although admittedly I took a break recently).

Don't let the bustards grind you down and all that.