• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Carabao Cup 3rd round match against Barnsley at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 hrs. Wednesday, 23rd September 2020 (Local time/date)

bert19   

Caballero 

Azpi Rudiger Thiago Emerson 

Barkley Kovacic RLC

CHO 

Giroud Tammy 

(4-3-1-2)

Rob B   

Great opportunity to ease some of the new additions in if they’re fit...

Cabalerro,  Azpi, Tomori, Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, CHO, Havertz, RLC, Abraham. 

4-2-3-1 

Might be lacking width with RLC or Havertz depending on who played out wide, but with no Ziyech or Pulisic, and CHO on the other wing,  we don’t have another natural winger. 

From what Frank said after Liverpool, Silva is the only player who could come back in for this, others won't be fit enough in time.

I would agree with Droy though, rather than kids, let's treat it as a pre-season game and get some minutes in for the first team players.

Caballero

Azpilicueta - Tomori - Silva/Zouma - Alonso

Barkley - Jorginho - Kovacic

CHO - Tammy - Werner

Subs: Kepa, James, Rudiger, Mount, RLC, Havertz, Giroud

Holymoly   

As per the above don't play the kids. Following my theory on the previous match then....

ABK

James - Silva - Tomori - Azpilicueta

Barclay - Jorginho

CHO - Havertz - Werner

Abraham

This is exactly the kind of match Havertz should be playing in right now. I really hope we don't see him on the bench, because this gives him opportunity to get some confidence whilst learning more about English football.

I expect we will see the likes of Tammy, Tomori, Rudiger, Barkley, CHO for this mixed in with fringe young players given a run out.

We should be starting with out strongest possible XI or close to it. Not because I care about the game or the competition, but rather so we can get some minutes for the starting XI playing together. 

-----------------Caballero

James-Zouma-Silva-Azpilicueta

-------Kanté--------------Kovacic

CHO--------Havertz-------Mount

----------------Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, Alonso, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Giroud

Missing out: Rüdiger, Christensen, Emerson, Jorginho

Injured: Chilwell, Pulisic, Gilmour, Ziyech

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 4:39 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Treat as a pre-season game we never had.  First mid-week game of the season, this is for the first 16 players only, not the B team.

Frank can't afford to use the B team, it is a deliver silverware season for him

19 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Frank can't afford to use the B team, it is a deliver silverware season for him

According to those with a disposition to Knee jerk tendencies, Opposing Fans and click bait journalists it is, So it must be true.
Poor Frank.