• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

chelboy   

Good chemistry between Tammy/Havertz/ Mount. Havertz talent was clear to see today when he’s played in the middle. Reminds me of Ozil. Good run out. 

JaneB   

Well it was only Barnsley, can’t judge Frank on that, got lucky 😏

10 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well it was only Barnsley, can’t judge Frank on that, got lucky 😏

Well we scored from a few defensive errors, however we also missed a couple sitters. My Internet or stream kept cutting out so I found it hard to really get the flow of the match. Seemed like the scoreline flattered us a bit, but we needed that result for our confidence and a platform to build on

Certainly excited about our attacking potential, great for Kai to get a hat trick, Chilwell an assist, others looked good (as they should against Barnsley) I am equally apprehensive about how many shots we allowed considering it was only Barnsley, despite the clean sheet, a higher level of opponent will score a few of those. I notice they mad a lot of crosses, I think everyone knows its our achilles heal, or has been - hopefully.

Only saw YouTube highlights but that was a really useful exercise. Silva gets a good run out, Tammy and Barkley get off the mark, a hat trick for Havertz ( which will do him a world of good) , Chilwell gets some minutes, we score a total of six, concede none and get to knock out Spurs in the next round!! Frank will sleep soundly tonight. 

Holymoly   

Couldn't find anywhere to watch it, how did Silva do? I heard mutterings he showed signs of being a bit rusty?

JaneB   

@Lump Of Celery 

I was of course being facetious.

As you say, hopefully something to build on 😀

1 minute ago, Holymoly said:

Couldn't find anywhere to watch it, how did Silva do? I heard mutterings he showed signs of being a bit rusty?

Hasn't played since CL cup final so is bound to be. I saw a highlights reel and he looked ok to me. 

Ham   
23 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

No not at all. He looked really assured and calm. 

Faramir   

I didn't see the game but saw the goals. How many assists did Abraham get? Was it three?

Abraham and Harvetz were excellent tonight.

Pressing by our forwards led to forcing Barnsley defenders into mistakes... led to about three of our goals.

Interested to see the line-up (and bench) that Franks puts out against West Brom on Saturday.

Rob B   
24 minutes ago, Ham said:

No not at all. He looked really assured and calm. 

This.  The rusty comment was almost certainly due to one mistake in the first half. Other than that I don’t think he put a foot wrong.