• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

12 minutes ago, Faramir said:

I didn't see the game but saw the goals. How many assists did Abraham get? Was it three?

Abraham and Harvetz were excellent tonight.

I agree that they had good games and like how you came to that conclusion by just watching the goals ;)  Tammy looked lively and Havertz was clinical and looked like he had time on his hands.  I think our team is close to picking itself now when all are fit

Keeper

James                        Christiansen               Silva        Chillwell

Kante             Kovacic

Ziyech                           Havertz                 Pulisic

Werner   

Rotations:

Azpi for James when needed
Keeper - who knows who is best although Willy did himself no harm tonight!
Mount for Havertz
Barkley for Havertz, Kovacic/Kante
Jorginho for Kov/Kante
Cetre-backs to partner Silva.  I think Christiansen will be first choice followed by Zouma.
Abraham/Giroud for Werner
CHO out wide??

Edited by Erland Johnson

Rob B   

Few thoughts for those that didn’t get to watch the game:

- Whilst Havertz will deservedly get the headlines, I thought Tammy was superb. His hold-up and link play is getting better and better.  You could see an instant understanding with Kai.

- Kai Havertz should have got two more assists having put through balls on a plate for Mount who fired wide and CHO who hit straight at the keeper - both pretty much 1v1 and should have scored. 

- Barkley has a very good game in a double pivot and did well linking defence and attack. Took his goal well and then missed the easiest chance of the night!! Continues to be a really useful squad player for us IMO 

- Silva almost flawless. Made one error early on, but looked calm and composed.

- Chilwell had a 20 minute cameo and got the assist for Giroud’s header via a good cross. 

- Tomori had another really strong game. Has definitely played his way back into contention 

- Caballero made some decent saves, especially in the first half. 

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

I agree that they had good games and like how you came to that conclusion by just watching the goals ;)  Tammy looked lively and Havertz was clinical and looked like he had time on his hands.  I think our team is close to picking itself now when all are fit

Keeper

James                        Christiansen               Silva        Chillwell

Kante             Kovacic

Ziyech                           Havertz                 Pulisic

Werner   

Rotations:

Azpi for James when needed
Keeper - who knows who is best although Willy did himself no harm tonight!
Mount for Havertz
Barkley for Havertz, Kovacic/Kante
Jorginho for Kov/Kante
Cetre-backs to partner Silva.  I think Christiansen will be first choice followed by Zouma.
Abraham/Giroud for Werner
CHO out wide??

I think Christensen is probably 4th choice this season. Rudiger looks to be the one getting the boot though. It had to be one of them anyway.

I also don’t see Lamps dropping Mount tbh. I think we will struggle in the DM zones with a pivot formation and 433 until we get a natural holding midfielder. 

Edited by chelboy

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

This.  The rusty comment was almost certainly due to one mistake in the first half. Other than that I don’t think he put a foot wrong. 

Silva had a steady game. He put a little too much weight on a couple of passes but, you could tell that he wanted to take control which I think he will with a few more minutes under his belt whilst getting to know the other players better.  It was inevitable when Tomori and he hadn't played at the back together before.  They sat a little deep inviting Barnsley to attack us but, grew better as the game wore on. 

Rob B   
2 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Silva had a steady game. He put a little too much weight on a couple of passes but, you could tell that he wanted to take control which I think he will with a few more minutes under his belt whilst getting to know the other players better.  It was inevitable when Tomori and he hadn't played at the back together before.  They sat a little deep inviting Barnsley to attack us but, grew better as the game wore on. 

Agreed.  They didn’t get a lot of protection from Ross & Kova either.  Not necessarily a criticism of those two, they both played really well, but moreso in an attacking sense. 

3 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I think Christensen is probably 4th choice this season. Rudiger looks to be the one getting the boot though. It had to be one of them anyway.

It's a matter of opinion.  I know Christiansen isn't the favourite on here but, I think he is the better out of Zouma and Tomori.

Tomori had a steady game today but, I haven't seen evidence that he can take control of the game yet.  Maybe I am looking at it wrong and it should be defending first and foremost. Just feel that we need to have someone back there who can stride out with the ball.

5 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Agreed.  They didn’t get a lot of protection from Ross & Kova either.  Not necessarily a criticism of those two, they both played really well, but moreso in an attacking sense. 

Agree with this.  Even though I thought Barkley had a good game and showed the difference in class we were missing that link between defence and midfield (ie, a Jorginho or that Curly haired player we sold to the Le'Arse last year)

chelboy   
6 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

It's a matter of opinion.  I know Christiansen isn't the favourite on here but, I think he is the better out of Zouma and Tomori.

Tomori had a steady game today but, I haven't seen evidence that he can take control of the game yet.  Maybe I am looking at it wrong and it should be defending first and foremost. Just feel that we need to have someone back there who can stride out with the ball.

Silva does that very well. He’s our best on the ball I would say. 

41 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Christensen starting!? No thanks. Sorry, but he’s had more than enough chances now. 

And he's played well in the 1.5 games he started in this season..