• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

17 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Silva does that very well. He’s our best on the ball I would say. 

That's good. I don't watch a lot of other football than Chelsea.. I go to all the home and most away games and really only watch Chelsea when I get back home. So although I've seen a bit of Silva I haven't seen enough to know how good he is at passing and bringing the ball out. Always struck me as more of a no nonsense player. If he is more of a ball player then I admit that Zouma or Tomori might be the better partner. 

We've been spoilt having JT back there that could do everything. Cahill was a cheap man's JT but still good at linking with midfield. JTs best partnership for me was with Carlvalho but, I also liked it with Gallas who wasn't great on the ball but, nobody could pass. I see that Tomori could be a similar player..

Interesting game.
Caballero did enough to show that he’d be a good back up to Mendy.
Silva will be a steadying influence. But probably not with Tomori alongside. 
Harvetz and Abraham looked very good indeed.
Barklay can be wildly inconsistent within a game. 
A DM can’t come soon enough. 
CHO looks like he’s lost his way.

Sir   

Havertz reminds me of the football equivalent of an assassin.. just something about this guy.. had a feeling he’d get a hat trick as well so delighted with that! Good performance good goals and hopefully some good confidence for the matches ahead. Fitness and minutes the most important thing here but the 6-0 is very nice after Liverpool.

Had a dream Havertz scored a hattrick - woke up and checked the score and saw that he did!

Good confidence booster (I believe it is his first career hattrick), but from the highlights, Barnsley looked awful. 

Let's hope we roll over WBA as well.

5 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

And he's played well in the 1.5 games he started in this season..

So has Zouma... Outstandingly well with no major errors. A CB just has to consistent and AC sadly isn't. I believe our first choice CBs will be Zouma and Silva. AC and Tomorri will be the back ups. Rudi may be sold as we would still get good money. 

4 hours ago, Sir said:

Havertz reminds me of the football equivalent of an assassin.. just something about this guy.. had a feeling he’d get a hat trick as well so delighted with that! Good performance good goals and hopefully some good confidence for the matches ahead. Fitness and minutes the most important thing here but the 6-0 is very nice after Liverpool.

What impressed me about Havertz clips I have seen prior to his move was his technique. He always seemed to keep the ball low and accurate with goal attempts. Jimmy Floyd H used to say " you can never miss the goal by going under it". 

Another solid display from Cabs. He really is a credit to his profession. The guy is nearly 40 but looks in great shape . He is the same height as Kepa but has far greater agility and spring. Considering he is 15 years older this pretty impressive. No idea about Mendy but I think he will be our number one with Cabs number two. Kepa needs a loan, maybe abroad and see if he can regain some form and confidence. Its actually being cruel keeping him here. There is no way on this earth he will play at the weekend. I suspect Cabs again with Mendy taking over the following game. 

Watched the whole match live

6-0 scoreline is flattering

Going forward we looked lively and creative with pace, Harvetez getting a hatrick and the interplay between the front trio looked promising with CHO showing improvement

Defending had the usual frailties  with Barnsley having 14 shots with 9 being on target 3 has willy at full stretch. For all his experience Silva has a couple of moments and will be punished if he tries too many casual passes along and around the back line, Tamori had a solid game with a couple of lapses in positioning and is anotherone who is caught to often ball watching which is purely a coaching issue.

Barnsley are a club which stayed in the championship on the last game of the season and managed to get 9 shots on target playing away to one of the PL elite clubs. WBA is going to be a tougher test

Rob B   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Watched the whole match live

6-0 scoreline is flattering

Going forward we looked lively and creative with pace, Harvetez getting a hatrick and the interplay between the front trio looked promising with CHO showing improvement

Defending had the usual frailties  with Barnsley having 14 shots with 9 being on target 3 has willy at full stretch. For all his experience Silva has a couple of moments and will be punished if he tries too many casual passes along and around the back line, Tamori had a solid game with a couple of lapses in positioning and is anotherone who is caught to often ball watching which is purely a coaching issue.

Barnsley are a club which stayed in the championship on the last game of the season and managed to get 9 shots on target playing away to one of the PL elite clubs. WBA is going to be a tougher test

Not really - Barnsley had lots of chances, but we also missed some absolute sitters. Off the top of my head, CHO early on,  Mount with his left foot that went wide,  Barkley an open goal, and then Mount again which forced a really good save from their GK. 

We were maybe a bit fortunate to keep a clean sheet, but no way did 6-0 flatter us.  We should have scored 10. 

Worth bearing in mind too that with the exception of Mount and Havertz, the entire team have played less than one game of football so far this season.  It was the equivalent of the first pre-season friendly for most of them out there last night. 

Edited by Rob B