• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

2 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

According to those with a disposition to Knee jerk tendencies, Opposing Fans and click bait journalists it is, So it must be true.
Poor Frank.

The club is built on delivering silverware, hence the big turnover of head coaches. Basically if you spend 200+ in a transfer window you would like to see some kind of return for that investment.

This is a club that booted out a WC winning manager after 9 months, a CL winning coach after 4 months, a coach who cost 15m? from porto after 9 months. 

As the saying goes a leopard never changes it spots

Silva needs to start if available.

Havertz needs to start.

CHO needs to start.

Tammy needs to start.

The rest I'm bot bothered about, but I wouldn't put Kante or Werner anywhere near this one.

Frank said he will use the game for fitness, Chilwell and Silva in the squad with Ziyech and Pulisic clise but not making it. He also said it is not possible to bring any academy players into the squad because of the bubbles they have established, apparently.

bert19   
22 hours ago, southcoastal said:

According to those with a disposition to Knee jerk tendencies, Opposing Fans and click bait journalists it is, So it must be true.
Poor Frank.

Lets be fair though, top 4 and a trophy would be good wouldn't it.  I'm not one for sneering at the cups, you can only win what, 4 trophies in any regular season? So if you pick one up, it's got to be a good thing. 

The big problem is actually when we get to semi-finals and finals and fail to win.  Then they're just unnecessary extra games as far as I can see.  (we've also got into the bad habit of that over the last 4 or 5 years, getting to domestic cup semis and finals and losing them, it's not enjoyable). 

I would be trying something offensive like this:                        

Kepa

Azpi         Silva           Tomori       Chillwell

Barkley      Mount

Havertz

Moses                                        CHO

Tammy 

When you put the team together only then you realise how extremely short we are on width.  Welcome back Victor! I watched him in a few games for Inter and he always looked like one of their better players - could be a good squad option.

Now back to reality:

I suspect this is what we'll go with (with Mount swapping with Havertz and Tammy with Giroud at some point)

21 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Silva and Chilwell will be in the squad so

Willy, Azpi, Silva, Rudiger/Tomori, Chilwell, Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley, CHO, Giroud, Havertz.

On 22/09/2020 at 9:49 AM, The_Ghost said:

We should be starting with out strongest possible XI or close to it. Not because I care about the game or the competition, but rather so we can get some minutes for the starting XI playing together. 

-----------------Caballero

James-Zouma-Silva-Azpilicueta

-------Kanté--------------Kovacic

CHO--------Havertz-------Mount

----------------Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, Alonso, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham, Giroud

Missing out: Rüdiger, Christensen, Emerson, Jorginho

Injured: Chilwell, Pulisic, Gilmour, Ziyech

Yep, like the team Ghost. I'll be especially interested to see Havertz in the position you have him here.

2 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

I would be trying something offensive like this:                        

Kepa

Azpi         Silva           Tomori       Chillwell

Barkley      Mount

Havertz

Moses                                        CHO

Tammy 

There was a friendly last week apparently, involving Moses, Zappacosta, Lewis Baker and Drinkwater, all it seems looking for new loans out.
Against Wimbledon AFC development squad, 1-1.  Moses penalty.  I can't find a full team list.
Since the normal development squad played the day before, I presume they were backed up by the next level down.

Quite a few others could have done with the runout too.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/9/15/21438470/drinkwater-moses-zappacosta-baker-feature-in-chelsea-reserves-friendly-draw

10 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

There was a friendly last week apparently, involving Moses, Zappacosta, Lewis Baker and Drinkwater, all it seems looking for new loans out.
Against Wimbledon AFC development squad, 1-1.  Moses penalty.  I can't find a full team list.
Since the normal development squad played the day before, I presume they were backed up by the next level down.

Quite a few others could have done with the runout too.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/9/15/21438470/drinkwater-moses-zappacosta-baker-feature-in-chelsea-reserves-friendly-draw

Zappa must've made good time then as he played for Genoa at the weekend and scored on his debut .