• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 6 Barnsley 0

Kai looking a lot better at CAM. Tomori had one bad pass but other than that has been very solid. CHO huffs and puffs but make the wrong decision too often. Emerson is nowhere near to be able to get in the regular squad. I reckon both him and Alonso should be sold/loaned out. If one is kept as cover in the case that Chilwell, Azpi or James gets a long term injury I’m not sure who I’d prefer. 

With Kepa in goal this might have been 2-2. No way he saves the shot Willy pushes over the bar. He wouldn’t have got there...

Just now, Phoenix Blue said:

No our defender was clearly behind the ball

Kepa was not allowed to defend? Really?

For me, the critical question is would the player have scored but for the intentional foul? On Sunday, my bet is yes, Mane would've rounded Kepa and scored. Therefore the red card was justified.

Today, Tammy was about to lob the ball into the empty net with a header had he not been bundled and wrestled to the ground by their goalie. The defender only arrived on time because Tammy was slowed down and stopped by the intentional foul. That should've been a red. Had he not been fouled, their defender would been behind the header.

Ham   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Kai looking a lot better at CAM. Tomori had one bad pass but other than that has been very solid. CHO huffs and puffs but make the wrong decision too often. Emerson is nowhere near to be able to get in the regular squad. I reckon both him and Alonso should be sold/loaned out. If one is kept as cover in the case that Chilwell, Azpi or James gets a long term injury I’m not sure who I’d prefer. 

With Kepa in goal this might have been 2-2. No way he saves the shot Willy pushes over the bar. He wouldn’t have got there...

I'd take Alonso all day long over Emerson.  The latter offers absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. 

A pointless footballer. 

Just now, Ham said:

I'd take Alonso all day long over Emerson.  The latter offers absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. 

A pointless footballer. 

Bit harsh but I have to say I can't really disagree. There was a point where he ran into loads of space and Mount ignored him presumably knowing full well that as soon as Emerson encountered a defender he'd cut back and then pass backwards.

1 minute ago, Ham said:

A pointless footballer. 

One of the worst mistakes Lampard can make this transfer window is selling Alonso while holding onto Emerson.

1 minute ago, MikelBlue said:

One of the worst mistakes Lampard can make this transfer window is selling Alonso while holding onto Emerson.

Lol. It will literally make no difference. Neither is good enough for us. 

3 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

I think if we had offers for both and had to keep one then Alonso's wages could make him the one to go.

But I agree I would keep Alonso all day over Emerson if money is not a concern

1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Lol. It will literally make no difference. Neither is good enough for us. 

Alonso is useful in 3 CB formations and contributes in the attacking phase with goals and assists. His size is also useful in defending. Azpil as a back up LB doesn’t fit all scenerios.