• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Edouard Mendy

There was a cross towards to the end of the final that he grabbed with such command. Relieving us of pressure at a pivotal moment of the game. We roared like it was a goal. 

• Like 2

paulw66   
7 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

There was a cross towards to the end of the final that he grabbed with such command. Relieving us of pressure at a pivotal moment of the game. We roared like it was a goal. 

from Aguero........went over James' head

Bison   
22 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, and whilst I am not a fan of using purely stats*, the saves in the Real home game were invaluable, particularly the one from Benzema from the edge of the box.

A lot of the other games, he didn't have a huge amount to do. We defended brilliantly throughout the campaign. Not taking anything away from Mendy, but across the Atletico and Porto ties, and the final, I don't recall him doing anything particularly difficult. Distribution has been excellent, and his extra reach on crosses have made a huge difference though.

* when you defend properly, you reduce the opposition into taking lower probability shots. This results in more "easy" saves for your GK, and hence a higher save percentage. The converse is also true.

One of the best and important saves in the history of the club. 

You're right, we had a solid defence and conceded few clear cut opportunities but when we do I feel confident Mendy will be there. Great to have that feeling again as a supporter so it must be infinitely better as a defender.

• Like 1