• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Edouard Mendy

Ham   
18 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Precisely. Many on here defended Kepa and said it was the defense and not him who sucked. Absolute horseshit. Kepa makes the defense worse die to his lack of ability. He doesn’t transfer any feeling of confidence and the defenders know that every second shot on goal will be a goal conceded. Imagine what that will do to a defender... 

Average goals conceded per game 

Kepa 2

(Brighton 1, Liverpool 2 and Southampton 3)

Mendy 0.14

(Tottenham 1, Palace 0, Sevilla 0, Man U 0, Krasnodar 0, Burnley 0 and Rennes 0)

Anyone thinking this is a coincidence better wake up. Like night and day. One has to wonder what last season could have been for us if we had a half decent keeper instead of an absolutely useless one. I’m serious, Kepa is one of the worst keepers I’ve ever seen at this level. 

One of? Who's worse?

Ham   
24 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Loris Karius was pretty **** as well.

A couple of times in very high profile games but consistently as bad? 

chelboy   
29 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Loris Karius was pretty **** as well.

Karius had many brain fart moments but wasn’t as bad as Kepa last season when it comes to pure shot stopping. So many average shots flew right past Kepa or he would simply stand there and watch it go in. I think stats wise in terms of shot stopping Kepa was the worst ever at this level during last season and our defence certainly wasn’t the worst of all time compared to other teams in the league so something clearly always pointed towards the GK. I actually don’t think Kepa is as bad as what we saw last season but his confidence and lack of trust has hit rock bottom that it was impossible for him to continue. It was clear that every poor moment he had would be highlighted by the media very closely and I don’t think Kepa is the type to shake it off and bounce back. 

Edited by chelboy

1 hour ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Its clear to anyone he has made a big difference .Probably the most damning indictment of Kepa is that Mendy has not actually done anything remotely special, yet still has made a huge difference.

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Precisely. Many on here defended Kepa and said it was the defense and not him who sucked. Absolute horseshit. Kepa makes the defense worse die to his lack of ability. He doesn’t transfer any feeling of confidence and the defenders know that every second shot on goal will be a goal conceded. Imagine what that will do to a defender... 

Not sure why anyone needs to be restating opinion based facts now, why not wait till Mendy has made a second good save.  

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not sure why anyone needs to be restating opinion based facts now, why not wait till Mendy has made a second good save.  

He doesn't need to make "good saves" he's always in the right place so makes them all look routine . 

19 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Everyone on here knows you don't move from your initial position. Plenty of examples over the years. The reason you will keep up the support of Kepa or cynicism of his replacement, is due to the numerous times you included Kepa into one of Chelsea's world class players bracket over the last two years .Alongside Kante, Jorginho and Rudiger.

Rather than say I got this wrong, you will downplay everything Mendy does and jump on the first major mistake that is made, by the time the second mistake is made by Mendy. Mr Contrarian then becomes Mr Smug who can tell us he was right all along, but only he has the intelligence to know this, point out we have a world class GK sat on the bench who should be playing, whilst directing the criticism to Lampard for Kepa being another player that Frank has ruined!

All rather predictable really. Must try harder old bean!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

He doesn't need to make "good saves" he's always in the right place so makes them all look routine . 

Exactly that. It basically shows that the shots Kepa was facing was never really the worldies some would have you believe. They were shots any decent keeper would save. Not only save, but also make them look like routine saves. 

But Droy has stated very strong opinions on both Kepa and Mendy (before we signed him). So expect a stark defense of his previous views (with the accompanying moving of goalposts and misdirections to keep his views "correct").

The alternative, that Droy is right, would have to mean that we started to defend very good overnight and that it did not have anything to do with the keeper in goal. Not even sure he really believes that himself. 

4 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Everyone on here knows you don't move from your initial position. Plenty of examples over the years. The reason you will keep up the support of Kepa or cynicism of his replacement, is due to the numerous times you included Kepa into one of Chelsea's world class players bracket over the last two years .Alongside Kante, Jorginho and Rudiger.

I hadn't noticed I was supporting Kepa, or criticising Mendy.  I was just discussing the amount of evidence on show.

Let the guy prove himself.  

5 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

But Droy has stated very strong opinions on both Kepa and Mendy (before we signed him).

Again - opinion based facts.  My comments on Mendy have been positive.  My comments about expectations for Mendy have been about those people with the expectations.

I'll admit I got him wrong and I'll admit it was silly judging him based on YouTube alone  sillier still was making such comments half cut but happy to admit he is quite clearly not toilet as I claimed.

How good is he? Not sure, only time will tell but he's done nothing wrong and I like him, there's something about him I just like so hope he continues to prove me wrong and becomes a top class keeper.