• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Edouard Mendy

5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Again - opinion based facts.  My comments on Mendy have been positive.  My comments about expectations for Mendy have been about those people with the expectations.

The posts have been there for all to read. I'm sure many have and know what I'm referring to.

I have a busy day so the bizarre round-and-round discussions will have to wait for another day. 

13 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

The posts have been there for all to read. I'm sure many have and know what I'm referring to.

I have a busy day so the bizarre round-and-round discussions will have to wait for another day. 

so Ghost.  Huff puff and exit then.  Straw men will be terrified on your return.

7 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Well done Martin spot on. 

For those who are continue to kick Krupa whilst he is down, need to remember during his time at the club, he won the EC, lost the CC on penalties , and lost the FAC. That’s not such a bad return in two seasons?

Kepa barely played the FA cup - Caballero "lost it".  But yes, a lot of people want to re-write history here.
He also had a very good post lockdown period last season which no one wants to acknowledge.  

Ham   
41 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Kepa barely played the FA cup - Caballero "lost it".  But yes, a lot of people want to re-write history here.
He also had a very good post lockdown period last season which no one wants to acknowledge.  

Was it though?

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

Was it though?

Yeah - one of those periods where everyone talked about how scared the defenders looked but no one pointed to any errors.
Talking about their own squeaky bums mostly.  Dodgy after this season began I'd agree.

2 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I'll admit I got him wrong and I'll admit it was silly judging him based on YouTube alone  sillier still was making such comments half cut but happy to admit he is quite clearly not toilet as I claimed.

How good is he? Not sure, only time will tell but he's done nothing wrong and I like him, there's something about him I just like so hope he continues to prove me wrong and becomes a top class keeper.

I agree. Not going overboard with him per se, more a statement of fact that he is sufficiently better than Kepa to make a material difference to our results. That alone is massive for us imo. 

Whether he'll be our GK1 long-term only time will tell. But he has certainly done nothing to harm his chances so far. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sorry but this is absolute rubbish Droy and you know it. Just look at his stats. There is no defense for his performances. 

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

I'm sorry but this is absolute rubbish Droy and you know it. Just look at his stats. There is no defense for his performances. 

That will be why for the whole of that part of the season you talked about his season stats and no one complained about errors.
I thought you had huffed and puffed yourself away anyway.

bert19   
3 hours ago, Martin1905 said:

I'll admit I got him wrong and I'll admit it was silly judging him based on YouTube alone  sillier still was making such comments half cut but happy to admit he is quite clearly not toilet as I claimed.

How good is he? Not sure, only time will tell but he's done nothing wrong and I like him, there's something about him I just like so hope he continues to prove me wrong and becomes a top class keeper.

I think the thing I like most about him so far is when Rudiger and Zouma started together at Krasnodar and looked understandably tentative and unsure about it, he just radiated calmness which seemed to seep through to the two CBs very quickly.  A feel of "Don't worry, just do your bit and I'll get on with mine here.  You don't need to worry about what is going on behind you." sort of thing.  

It's early to give a comprehensive judgement, but he looks very promising so far.  Calm, aerially brave, concentrates well - all very positive signs. 

40 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

no one complained about errors.

You can't make errors if you're watching the ball sail past you .