• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Official: Chelsea Sign Edouard Mendy

20 minutes ago, Sir said:

On signing Mendy, Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: ‘As soon as Petr Cech and our technical team identified Edouard as the most suitable goalkeeper to complement our existing group, there was only one player we wanted to bring in. Edouard arrives following a season of real success with Rennes, he is ambitious for more, and we welcome him to our club.’

Very judicious choice of words.  I bet she thought a long time about how to say that.

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Welcome aboard Ted . 

Steady Eddie  one hopes.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Just been reading some comments on another forum from Rennes supporters and they seem sad to see him go but pleased to see him get a dream move.

General consensus seems to be , because he's so big he makes the saves look easier than a smaller keeper would , he's great in the air but has a tendency to push things away which he could be catching .

Hopefully he'll get all the coaching he needs to improve , there appears to be enough of them to devote to the task!

kratos   
46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Just been reading some comments on another forum from Rennes supporters and they seem sad to see him go but pleased to see him get a dream move.

General consensus seems to be , because he's so big he makes the saves look easier than a smaller keeper would , he's great in the air but has a tendency to push things away which he could be catching .

Hopefully he'll get all the coaching he needs to improve , there appears to be enough of them to devote to the task!

All I hope is Mark, is that he commands his area better, communicates with his defenders and in turn improves them in terms of performance.

Apparently he is quite good at kicking it long which and let's be honest Kepa sucked at too.

23 minutes ago, kratos said:

All I hope is Mark, is that he commands his area better, communicates with his defenders and in turn improves them in terms of performance.

Apparently he is quite good at kicking it long which and let's be honest Kepa sucked at too.

Just read an article on the BBC and it was basically the story of how he got to us but everyone interviewed said he was an intelligent guy and was a big voice in the dressing room even when he was only second/third choice.

I have a much better feeling about him now having read that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/54085178

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Solid point. The "he doesn't make great saves" argument needs to be doused in petrol and set alight for several reasons, but that's the main one.

You'd struggle to name a more acrobatic keeper than Fabien Barthez over the last 30 years, but there's a reason why his saves looked so spectacular - he wasn't even 6ft, so he had to put absolutely everything into it.

Damn I was looking forward to playing 11 outfield players with a rush goalie

Bison   
6 hours ago, kratos said:

If French speakers Thiago Silva and Zouma are first choice CBs then this should be fine. Azpi speaks French too if I'm not mistaken? He played in France for a couple of years so would be surprised if he didn't know enough to get by.

GCSE French lessons for James and Chilwell.

Edited by Bison
  • Haha 1