• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hrs. on Saturday, 3rd October 2020 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

We should wear our 3rd shirt.  That'll confuse the hell out of them. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An absolute must win game with some cohesion somewhere or other would be nice.

Fully expecting to lose and I hate to say that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me I'd go with;

-----------------------Mendy

Azpilicueta-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

-----Havertz-----Kanté-----Mount

--CHO-----------Abraham----Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Giroud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   
24 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

An absolute must win game with some cohesion somewhere or other would be nice.

Fully expecting to lose and I hate to say that. 

I agree.

Kind-a wished we were still playing the kids and not bought anyone. Expectations would be tempered. Maybe Lampard should have bought 2 or 3 players and rolled with that first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

For me I'd go with;

-----------------------Mendy

Azpilicueta-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

-----Havertz-----Kanté-----Mount

--CHO-----------Abraham----Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Giroud

You'll have to swap Barkley out for someone, he's just signed for Villa on loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to try and get Werner down the middle as soon as possible and I know we ideally need Pulisic or Ziyech back to make that happen, but if they aren't fit I would go with:

 

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Kovacic

CHO - Havertz - Mount

Werner

Subs: Kepa, Tomori, James, Jorginho, RLC, Giroud, Tammy

 

I really hope we see one of Ziyech or Pulisic on the bench though, we desperately need them to help get the balance right in this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

You'll have to swap Barkley out for someone, he's just signed for Villa on loan.

Very, very odd decision to loan him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Very, very odd decision to loan him out. 

Yeah, completely agree. He for me was the perfect squad player for us this season and although not the most highly rated by our fans, I think recent performances from him have been good and he always seems to give the team a lift when coming off the bench.

With the rumours that RLC may also be going out on loan, it leaves us very light in that area of the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, completely agree. He for me was the perfect squad player for us this season and although not the most highly rated by our fans, I think recent performances from him have been good and he always seems to give the team a lift when coming off the bench.

With the rumours that RLC may also be going out on loan, it leaves us very light in that area of the squad.

Exactly.

However, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are players that are a bit difficult to pinpoint in this squad. Are they CMs with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic or AMs with Mount and Havertz? 

If Loftus-Cheek is also loaned out, maybe that indicates we will go with an attacking 433 once Pulisic and Ziyech are back? 

Midfield 3: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Havertz, Mount and Gilmour

Attacking 3: Werner, Abraham, Giroud, Ziyech, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now