• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

7 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

Also consider replacing Tammy with Pulisic by the 60 min mark. Werner can move to CF. 

Yep this is what I'd go for. We don't need to do anything drastic and think this change would get us over the line.

Rob B   

I think a lot of people will be disappointed when  Werner moves to the centre, because he just won’t get the time & space in games like this.  And he’s not as good as Tammy or Giroud at holding the ball up. 

Palace with their monster centre backs defending their own penalty area is a different prospect to a team like Liverpool who defend on the halfway line. 

Pulisic needs to be introduced though, and potentially Mount for Jorginho in 20 mins if we still need a goal 

Edited by Rob B

Sir   
Just now, Bison said:

Because the opposition are sitting deep in numbers. Hardly any space for him to utilise his pace. He had one decent chance on the break and hit a tame shot at the keeper.

Which is always seemingly the theme at Stamford Bridge.. which is why I wonder why we buy strikers like Werner.. sometimes I wonder if we are better off with a RVN type striker.

Blue Rod   

Agree with Jo Cole, we need players who can run with the ball, run at their defence. Passing and passing is not effective in breaking up an organised defence. The few occasions we've looked threatening have come with players running at Palace with the ball. 

Sir   
1 minute ago, Ham said:

Surprised at all the negativity on here already.  We looked well balanced and well in control.  Some really good performances so far.  

Even with injuries, wouldn’t you expect this team Lampard put out to be doing a little better?

5 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Cannot wait for the second half. 

Let hope I can stay awake, and people ask why there is a bit of clogg towards Lampard. 

250 of additional playing staff same old problems with teams who put 11 behind the ball

Eh? Surely the opposite is true. Controlling the game and struggling to create much actually feels quite refreshing because it's not something we've done a lot of over the past season and a bit. The issues under Lampard have been quite different. Leaking goals, scoring goals, having very little control or game management whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Surprised at all the negativity on here already.  We looked well balanced and well in control.  Some really good performances so far.  

Maybe is because please are pony and we do not look like scoring. 

This is a 3pts match. 

Bison   
Just now, Sir said:

Which is always seemingly the theme at Stamford Bridge.. which is why I wonder why we buy strikers like Werner.. sometimes I wonder if we are better off with a RVN type striker.

He'll be very useful in games against teams that play high lines or more openly than Palace have today. Even against Liverpool he made several good runs but they just weren't picked out.

I have a feeling Ziyech coming back will be the making of Werner. He will be our most creative player by a country mile.

Just now, Bridge Soldier said:

Eh? Surely the opposite is true. Controlling the game and struggling to create much actually feels quite refreshing because it's not something we've done a lot of over the past season and a bit. The issues under Lampard have been quite different. Leaking goals, scoring goals, having very little control or game management whatsoever. 

Not when you play a pony team like palace. 

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Sir said:

Even with injuries, wouldn’t you expect this team Lampard put out to be doing a little better?

1 minute ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Maybe is because please are pony and we do not look like scoring. 

This is a 3pts match. 

It's half time.  They don't give the points out until full time.