• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

20 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Exactly.

However, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are players that are a bit difficult to pinpoint in this squad. Are they CMs with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic or AMs with Mount and Havertz? 

If Loftus-Cheek is also loaned out, maybe that indicates we will go with an attacking 433 once Pulisic and Ziyech are back? 

Midfield 3: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Havertz, Mount and Gilmour

Attacking 3: Werner, Abraham, Giroud, Ziyech, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi

Very true and probably the biggest downside to them both, they don't seem to fit exactly into a role.

My guess is we're clearing space in the squad for Rice (or another DM) and Barkley is one of the easier ones to shift.

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Very true and probably the biggest downside to them both, they don't seem to fit exactly into a role.

My guess is we're clearing space in the squad for Rice (or another DM) and Barkley is one of the easier ones to shift.

I think RLC and Barkley both fit precisely into a role - No 8 with limited contribution to the CM workload.
It is the role they failed to gain under Sarri when Kovacic was preferred out of position.  an the role that Harvetz, Ziyech and Mount will fight for this season.

I'm not sure there is a one out for one in policy, that would imply 7 out first.  
But I agree we have harder players to shift than Barkley.

Holymoly   
23 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are players that are a bit difficult to pinpoint in this squad. Are they CMs with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic or AMs with Mount and Havertz? 

I think we should evolve into using Kante as the one holding midfielder with two in front of him (currently Havertz and Mount?) then a front three of (currently) Werner, Abraham and CHO. Obviously once Pulisic and Ziyech are availble Frank will need to make some difficult decisions. Gilmour will hopefully aid sorting out the conundrum greatly when he comes back but I don't expect that to be this season.

Holymoly   
23 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

the role that Harvetz, Ziyech and Mount will fight for this season.

I don't see Ziyech platooning with Havertz and Mount. I think he and CHO will be battling over the right wing spot

22 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I think we should evolve into using Kante as the one holding midfielder 

He was quite poor in the 5 or so games he has played there in his career .  Unless Silva is a ball player like Luiz, I can't see it happening.

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I think we should evolve into using Kante as the one holding midfielder with two in front of him (currently Havertz and Mount?) then a front three of (currently) Werner, Abraham and CHO. Obviously once Pulisic and Ziyech are availble Frank will need to make some difficult decisions. Gilmour will hopefully aid sorting out the conundrum greatly when he comes back but I don't expect that to be this season.

Agreed. 

chelboy   
3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Agreed, We have four or five No.8’s at the club if you include Ziyech but we have only one holding midfielder who we sent out on loan. Then we have the Kova Kante Jorg issue where none of them really want to sit and break up play. Unfortunately Frank seems to have gone back to trying to find a double pivot balance that works but quite clearly these 3 players have issues when you play any of them in a two with each other. The only solutions I see is giving Kante the holding role just to break up play or trying a James/Christensen or Tomori in the holding role. 

Sciatika   

Something like:

--------------------Mendy

James----Zouma----Silva----Chilwell

-----------------Kante----Kovacic

--------Abraham--Havertz-----Mount

----------------------Werner

But the front four would frequently rotate.

asvaberg   

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Silva - James

Kante

Mount - Havertz - Kovacic (Pulisic)

Abraham - Werner

• Like 1