Ham   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

Is he fit now ? 

If so it's a given. 

Saw him in training on Instagram 😏

Just now, Ham said:

Saw him in training on Instagram 😏

Oh poo.

Interesting and tricky game this one. One thing labelled at us currently is our lack of shape and organisation and here will be coming up against arguably the most organised team in the league.

Early goal crucial in this. If they keep good shape and we don't break through in the first 20 mins, then this result could very easily go against us. 

Hopefully Chilwell is ready for 90mins. Presume it will be James over Azpi due to threat and pace of Zaha and James playing well against him last season. Unlikely Ziyech or Pulisic are ready to start and I expect Mendy will be given the nod in goal after a steady debut midweek.

Would like to see Zouma back in alongside Silva..........do we know why he was not in the squad midweek? Was it an injury ?

On 30/09/2020 at 8:40 AM, The_Ghost said:

For me I'd go with;

-----------------------Mendy

Azpilicueta-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

-----Havertz-----Kanté-----Mount

--CHO-----------Abraham----Werner

Subs: Arrizabalaga, Tomori, James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Giroud

Hasn't Barkley gone?

On 30/09/2020 at 10:54 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think we need to try and get Werner down the middle as soon as possible and I know we ideally need Pulisic or Ziyech back to make that happen, but if they aren't fit I would go with:

Mendy

Azpilicueta - Zouma - Silva - Chilwell

Kante - Kovacic

CHO - Havertz - Mount

Werner

Subs: Kepa, Tomori, James, Jorginho, RLC, Giroud, Tammy

I really hope we see one of Ziyech or Pulisic on the bench though, we desperately need them to help get the balance right in this team.

Yeh agree with the lineup, although midfield still looks like the dodgy area.

Agree with the comments re: Pulisic and Ziyech too.

On 30/09/2020 at 11:39 AM, The_Ghost said:

Exactly.

However, Loftus-Cheek and Barkley are players that are a bit difficult to pinpoint in this squad. Are they CMs with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic or AMs with Mount and Havertz? 

If Loftus-Cheek is also loaned out, maybe that indicates we will go with an attacking 433 once Pulisic and Ziyech are back? 

Midfield 3: Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Havertz, Mount and Gilmour

Attacking 3: Werner, Abraham, Giroud, Ziyech, Pulisic and Hudson-Odoi

Like the midfield and attacking groups, with the exception of Jorginho certainly and possibly Kovacic too. We need upgrades there I think.

Edited by PeteRobbo

paulw66   
On 30/09/2020 at 11:23 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

Yeah, completely agree. He for me was the perfect squad player for us this season and although not the most highly rated by our fans, I think recent performances from him have been good and he always seems to give the team a lift when coming off the bench.

With the rumours that RLC may also be going out on loan, it leaves us very light in that area of the squad.

Really? Mount and Havertz will play there when the wingers are fit. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Really? Mount and Havertz will play there when the wingers are fit. 

I'm not sure either of them plays the 'number 10' role if that is what you are referring too? I'd say they are more suited to the 'number 8' role, but maybe that's just me.