• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

Blue Rod   
1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Didn’t he just suffer a major injury recently? It’s quite hard to convince young Italian Serie A players to leave their country. 

I heard about the injury. I thought like most, he'd shake it off. I like the energy and aggression that he brings to the midfield. 

I agree; Italians generally don't seem to travel well.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

I heard about the injury. I thought like most, he'd shake it off. I like the energy and aggression that he brings to the midfield. 

I agree; Italians generally don't seem to travel well.

Italians generally? We've had quite a few down the years, as managers and players, all of whom seemed to travel very adequately.

Blue Rod   
2 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Italians generally? We've had quite a few down the years, as managers and players, all of whom seemed to travel very adequately.

That's true to some extent. It could be said most came to us quite advanced in their careers. To get young Italian men to leave their home is hard. They have a reputation as one of the most homesick people in Europe. 

17 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

That's true to some extent. It could be said most came to us quite advanced in their careers. To get young Italian men to leave their home is hard. They have a reputation as one of the most homesick people in Europe. 

Yes. It's true that our Italians were all well established figures when they arrived. They and our club seemed suited to each other and I always liked us being said to be the best Italian team in London.