• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yeh agree with the lineup, although midfield still looks like the dodgy area.

Agree with the comments re: Pulisic and Ziyech too.

Sounds like we'll get our wish, Pulisic fit enough for the bench!

14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sounds like we'll get our wish, Pulisic fit enough for the bench!

Yep, what is Ziyech's injury? Any idea?

6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ziyech is close, hopefully back after the international break. His is a strange injury though, when it first happened it wasn't anything major and it sounded like a couple of weeks out, however, as it was a knee injury you can never be too careful (I know this too well, unfortunately).

Billy G about 4 weeks away is also good news, but I would imagine it'll take him a bit of time to actually get up to match fitness and in contention for a place in the squad.

15 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

They ran out of Z's in the club shop so aren't playing him in case his performance increases demand. Same reason Zouma got dropped for no apparent reason.

• Haha 1

Blue Rod   

It looks like the Saviour armband is being passed to Pulisic by our fans. Does anyone really think that Pulisic is the solution to our problems upfront? He was here before Ziyech and our summer signings, wasn't he? He did his very best last season but couldn't solve the fundamental problems

I do hope that we maintain some tradition this time. Giving the captain armband to Thiago Silva was just so crass. 

There is a tradition that even if the older players were all Winston Bogarde, one of them should wear the armband, and not a guy who has just landed from Paris. Interesting to know what John Terry would have made of this auctioning off of our captain armband. If Thiago Silva was such a strong leader, one wonders why Neymar spent 90 minutes of every CL match last season either somersaulting and rolling over at every slight touch or trying to create glory for himself.  

Edited by Blue Rod

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Ziyech is close, hopefully back after the international break. His is a strange injury though, when it first happened it wasn't anything major and it sounded like a couple of weeks out, however, as it was a knee injury you can never be too careful (I know this too well, unfortunately).

Billy G about 4 weeks away is also good news, but I would imagine it'll take him a bit of time to actually get up to match fitness and in contention for a place in the squad.

Yeh, I'd like to see a fit Billy firing on all cylinders. Would help our midfield for sure.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

They ran out of Z's in the club shop so aren't playing him in case his performance increases demand. Same reason Zouma got dropped for no apparent reason.

Smart thinking Holmes! Or is it Poirot?

chara   
11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Smart thinking Holmes! Or is it Poirot?

Twain....mark my words Mark!........a gifted man of words and smiles!

19 minutes ago, chara said:

Twain....mark my words Mark!........a gifted man of words and smiles!

Indeed! I'm wondering how many dogs he’s got now. It was over 12 not long back I think.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

It looks like the Saviour armband is being passed to Pulisic by our fans. Does anyone really think that Pulisic is the solution to our problems upfront? He was here before Ziyech and our summer signings, wasn't he? He did his very best last season but couldn't solve the fundamental problems

I do hope that we maintain some tradition this time. Giving the captain armband to Thiago Silva was just so crass. 

There is a tradition that even if the older players were all Winston Bogarde, one of them should wear the armband, and not a guy who has just landed from Paris. Interesting to know what John Terry would have made of this auctioning off of our captain armband. If Thiago Silva was such a strong leader, one wonders why Neymar spent 90 minutes of every CL match last season either somersaulting and rolling over at every slight touch or trying to create glory for himself.  

We look a different team with a fit Pulisic in it. I think is a very good footballer. Fitness is always going to be the issue with him.