• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

12 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I know it doesn’t work like this, but that is an incredibly strong team on paper. 

What is absolutely apparent when you look at that though, is our lack of true wide options.  The talk of loaning out CHO is utter madness. We’ve only got 3 natural wingers as it is, and even Ziyech doesn’t seem to be the type of player to hug the touchline.  Is it possible we bring a Moses or Anjorin type player into the squad? 

Looking at that team and bench, I can see Werner starting games up top, but then being moved out wide for Tammy or Giroud with half an hour left in games we aren’t winning. 

Exactly! I think most of us on here are crying out for width and we're looking at letting our only true fit width player leave. I think ziyech can play out wide naturally too but, I agree that Pulisic is more of an adapted wide player.

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

I know it doesn’t work like this, but that is an incredibly strong team on paper. 

What is absolutely apparent when you look at that though, is our lack of true wide options.  The talk of loaning out CHO is utter madness. We’ve only got 3 natural wingers as it is, and even Ziyech doesn’t seem to be the type of player to hug the touchline.  Is it possible we bring a Moses or Anjorin type player into the squad? 

Looking at that team and bench, I can see Werner starting games up top, but then being moved out wide for Tammy or Giroud with half an hour left in games we aren’t winning. 

Very much agree, I'm surprised that we don't seem to be looking at any other wide players, let alone the talk of CHO going out on loan.

chelboy   
9 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

I know that Barkley wasn't popular on here but, I can't help think that at this point in time he is the better player out of Mount and possibly Havertz. Yes, I expect in the next few years they'll be at a higher level but, as it stands today I think Barkley is the better player and in his prima age wise. Obviously, we haven't seen enough of Havertz yet..

This won't be popular but, if one of the three was to be out on loan it should probably have been Mount to Villa returning next season after a full prem stint.

One of the funniest posts I have read since someone said they would take Rudiger over VVD. Can’t see one thing Barkley is consistently better at than either player. Maybe a stronger weaker foot? That’s probably where it stops. Football brain wise Barkley is leagues below both players never mind ability wise. 

Jasonb   

Barkley for me is probably slightly technically better than Mount, yet Mount plays on the front foot and his work rate is higher. 

9 minutes ago, chelboy said:

One of the funniest posts I have read since someone said they would take Rudiger over VVD. Can’t see one thing Barkley is consistently better at than either player. Maybe a stronger weaker foot? That’s probably where it stops. Football brain wise Barkley is leagues below both players never mind ability wise. 

Your opinion.. I don't know how anyone can argue that Barkley hasn't been in form. He's looked sharp and creative.  He does do better off the bench as he seems to be more motivated rather than when he starts.

I'd argue that Barkley is a wasted talent. The gap between Mount and Barkley is nowhere near the gap between Rudiger and VVD. I find that in itself the funniest comparison that I've read. Then again that's my opinion.

Mount is not yet proven. He is still potential. He has proven he can compete at this level but, not yet proven he will excel. We all hope that he will and I'm confident he will but, I don't think you can say that he has done just yet.

What I see from Mount is a great attitude, works harder than anyone and is a good professional. This is what Lampard loves about him, he does see his younger self in him. Let's hope he follows the same path.

5 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Your opinion.. I don't know how anyone can argue that Barkley hasn't been in form. He's looked sharp and creative.  He does do better off the bench as he seems to be more motivated rather than when he starts.

I'd argue that Barkley is a wasted talent. The gap between Mount and Barkley is nowhere near the gap between Rudiger and VVD. I find that in itself the funniest comparison that I've read. Then again that's my opinion.

Mount is not yet proven. He is still potential. He has proven he can compete at this level but, not yet proven he will excel. We all hope that he will and I'm confident he will but, I don't think you can say that he has done just yet.

What I see from Mount is a great attitude, works harder than anyone and is a good professional. This is what Lampard loves about him, he does see his younger self in him. Let's hope he follows the same path.

What has Barkley proven. Boy wonder at 15/16 who always flattered to deceive. Came here because it was a no lose gamble for £15 million due to contract situation. Now mid 20s and on loan at Villa.

Barkley recent performances have been decent. Though he did well when he came on at Brighton. Point is, he has been here for 18 months and had no more than 5-6 good games. He may well have been a useful squad member, but to say we should be keeping him in favour of loaning Mount our is non sensical. It’s based on him having some recent half decent performances.

One is intelligent on and off the pitch. One is a bit of a buffoon on and off the pitch.

You make Mount available now and check the clubs interested. You make Barkley available and you get Villa , West Ham wanting his services. That tells you all you need to know.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Agreed on Barkley.  We haven't got many other players in midfield who change the impetus of the game when they come on as a sub.  His introduction often sparks a better performance from others around him.  

Sad to see him go and I really hope he's back here sooner rather than later. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ham said:

Agreed on Barkley.  We haven't got many other players in midfield who change the impetus of the game when they come on as a sub.  His introduction often sparks a better performance from others around him.  

Sad to see him go and I really hope he's back here sooner rather than later. 

Difference between sad to see him leave and liking him and keeping him in favour of loaning Mount out instead of him.

What would you chose in that scenario??

10 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

I know that Barkley wasn't popular on here but, I can't help think that at this point in time he is the better player out of Mount and possibly Havertz. Yes, I expect in the next few years they'll be at a higher level but, as it stands today I think Barkley is the better player and in his prima age wise. Obviously, we haven't seen enough of Havertz yet..

This won't be popular but, if one of the three was to be out on loan it should probably have been Mount to Villa returning next season after a full prem stint.

Mount to Villa would have been no sense. Besides, he already has a full PL season under his belt where he on top of that was one of our best players. I think basically every single Chelsea fan on this planet would have opted for either Mount, Pulisic or Kovacic as their PotY. 

The real decision was Barkley or Loftus-Cheek-Cheek to Villa. That they opted for Barkley makes sense. 

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I do feel we'll be a very different team and a very different threat to defences when we can line up as such:

Mendy

James   -   Silva   -   Zouma   -   Chilwell

Kante   -   Mount

Ziyech   -   Havertz   -   Pulisic

Werner

With CHO, Tammy, Giroud, Kovacic to come off the bench to make an impact when needed.

Like the look of that. But we do need a CM upgrade (Rice) and next season a CB upgrade (Upamecano?). 

Mendy

James   Upamecano   Zouma  Chilwell

Kante        Rice

Ziyech                 Havertz               Pulisic

Werner