• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 4 Crystal Palace 0

Recommended Posts

chelboy   
43 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Your opinion.. I don't know how anyone can argue that Barkley hasn't been in form. He's looked sharp and creative.  He does do better off the bench as he seems to be more motivated rather than when he starts.

I'd argue that Barkley is a wasted talent. The gap between Mount and Barkley is nowhere near the gap between Rudiger and VVD. I find that in itself the funniest comparison that I've read. Then again that's my opinion.

Mount is not yet proven. He is still potential. He has proven he can compete at this level but, not yet proven he will excel. We all hope that he will and I'm confident he will but, I don't think you can say that he has done just yet.

What I see from Mount is a great attitude, works harder than anyone and is a good professional. This is what Lampard loves about him, he does see his younger self in him. Let's hope he follows the same path.

What would you define as being in form? Barkley may score a goal here or there but I don’t remember many games where he is a 7/8 out of 10 consistently. Thats what I define as form. He had a good cameo against Brighton but lets be honest the person he replaced was shocking. We were practically down to 10 men until he came on. To suddenly come out saying he is better than Mount and Havertz is very odd. We have watched Barkley in enough PL games to know he struggles with any sort of pressure on the ball. He needs games where he has time and space and even then it’s not always reliable. Barkley can show glimpses here and there but Mount shows  more consistency and doesn’t drop 4 out of 10 performances as often as Barkley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
18 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Actually quite happy with that XI. Keen to see how we look with that back 5. Looks like less people having complete meltdowns over it on Twitter than usual too.

It’s probably the best team he has picked so far. Not sure about Jorginho against a counter attacking physical team like Palace. Good team other than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

So Christensen went straight back into the 11 for West Brom and now doesn't even make the squad, very strange.

He really likes Tomori.  Perhaps there is some rationale about Tomori giving more options, but James on at rB allows Azpi to play anywhere.
But at heart we have 4 CBs now, Silva first choice and the others alternating between CB2, 3 & 4.  Rudiger gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

What would you define as being in form? Barkley may score a goal here or there but I don’t remember many games where he is a 7/8 out of 10 consistently. Thats what I define as form. He had a good cameo against Brighton but lets be honest the person he replaced was shocking. We were practically down to 10 men until he came on. To suddenly come out saying he is better than Mount and Havertz is very odd. We have watched Barkley in enough PL games to know he struggles with any sort of pressure on the ball. He needs games where he has time and space and even then it’s not always reliable. Barkley can show glimpses here and there but Mount shows  more consistency and doesn’t drop 4 out of 10 performances as often as Barkley. 

Spin it how you want mate.

My opinion is that Barkley should've stayed, Mount should be rotated and the jury is out with Havertz as we haven't seen him play enough. 

My opinion on Barkley is that he's been underated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
55 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Difference between sad to see him leave and liking him and keeping him in favour of loaning Mount out instead of him.

What would you chose in that scenario??

Oh neither.  Out of Barkley and Mount I'd have loaned out RLC 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chelboy   
2 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

Spin it how you want mate.

My opinion is that Barkley should've stayed, Mount should be rotated and the jury is out with Havertz as we haven't seen him play enough. 

My opinion on Barkley is that he's been underated. 

I fully agree Barkley should have stayed as we need the numbers. What I’m disagreeing with is that he is better than Mount or Havertz with or without form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I fully agree Barkley should have stayed as we need the numbers. What I’m disagreeing with is that he is better than Mount or Havertz with or without form. 

I'm not saying he is better overall. I'm saying on form and at this stage of their careers he should've been as valuable to the team as they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chelboy said:

I fully agree Barkley should have stayed as we need the numbers. What I’m disagreeing with is that he is better than Mount or Havertz with or without form. 

Do we? We seem to have plenty of players to me.  We are lacking first choices.
(not options, but the choice)

Edited by Droy was my hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.