• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

Rob B   

I'd like to see something like..... 

Mendy

Azpi   Tomori  Silva  Chilwell

Barkley  Jorginho  Kante  

CHO   Giroud  Pulisic 

Lots of calls to be made. It seems that Ziyech and Pulisic are still some way off from being able to be included here. Given Lampards comments last Friday I'd be surprised to see either even on the bench. 

Is Mendy ready to start so soon after signing? I suppose not... If he isn't, will Frank go with Caballero or Kepa? 

I think we will do something like this;

---------------------Cabellero

Azpilicueta-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell

----------Jorginho-------Kovacic

Hudson-Odoi--Havertz--Werner

----------------------Giroud

Subs: Mendy, James, Christensen, Kanté, Barkley, Mount, Abraham

Missing out: Arrizabalaga, Rüdiger, Alonso, Tomori, Emerson, Loftus-Cheek

Injured: Gilmour, Ziyech, Pulisic

A different subject all together, but there is a long list of players that we need to sort out before Oct 5. 

What will this season be for first team players such as Rüdiger, Alonso, Arrizabalaga, Emerson and Loftus-Cheek? 

Where will Clarke-Salter, Rahman, Moses, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Van Ginkel, Musonda and Piazon play their football this season? That's potentiall 13 players we need to sort out the immediate future for over the next week. Yikes. Sure, some of them might be sent to EFL clubs so that buys us another 11 days until Oct 16. But that is only relevant for Clarke-Salter, Piazon and possibly Musonda. The rest need PL or international moves... 

What I would like to see is that someone on our coaching team has looked closely at the opposition and identified the threats they are carrying .

Son has to be stopped from shooting from distance , close him down , don't let him run at us , make his life difficult . 

Cut the supply lines to Kane as he's the one loading the gun for Son to shoot at the moment.

Work on defending set pieces and taking corners like you're not making it up as you go along , if you are taking a corner , get Kante and a few others just inside the oppositons half to stop the inevitable break away .

Play midfield players in midfield not as winger , if you want a winger play the one fit winger we have in the squad .

Don't make the one player who is great at running around but cannot pass water and has no attacking instincts whatsoever  play as the furthest forward midfielder 

Nobody needs three holding midfielders none capable of protecting the defence.

If the fullbacks are committed to attack , someone cover the holes they are leaving and cut off the overloads .

Mendy ( the other two are crap so why not )

James , Christensen , Silva , Chilwell

Kovacic kante

Mount , Havertz, Barkley

Werner 

JaneB   
12 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

What I would like to see is that someone on our coaching team has looked closely at the opposition and identified the threats they are carrying .

Son has to be stopped from shooting from distance , close him down , don't let him run at us , make his life difficult . 

Cut the supply lines to Kane as he's the one loading the gun for Son to shoot at the moment.

Work on defending set pieces and taking corners like you're not making it up as you go along , if you are taking a corner , get Kante and a few others just inside the oppositons half to stop the inevitable break away .

Play midfield players in midfield not as winger , if you want a winger play the one fit winger we have in the squad .

Don't make the one player who is great at running around but cannot pass water and has no attacking instincts whatsoever  play as the furthest forward midfielder 

Nobody needs three holding midfielders none capable of protecting the defence.

If the fullbacks are committed to attack , someone cover the holes they are leaving and cut off the overloads .

Mendy ( the other two are crap so why not )

James , Christensen , Silva , Chilwell

Kovacic kante

Mount , Havertz, Barkley

Werner 

Son is injured Mark so that's one less to worry about!!

chelboy   

Can’t see Silva starting this one. Not sure how many times we will see him playing 3 games in a row. 3 games in 6 days at his age isn’t the best move and we don’t want to risk injury. We will probably see Tomori and Christensen or Zouma if he’s fit. 

Mendy

Azpi Tomori Christensen Emerson    

Barkley    Kova      Mount

CHO     Giroud      Werner

I'd just like to see some sort of continuity in terms of the formation and system, I would just like to see us attempt to play the same way for a few games at least.

A settled back 4 and then one of Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic played with two of Havertz/Mount/Barkley/RLC.

The front three is difficult due to injuries but it's where we should see the most rotation anyway.

Once we get a settled system and core group of players I'd then like to see some improvement in literally all aspects of our game.

If we see players playing out of position again or yet another formation tomorrow then I really fear for Frank.

Selection and formation are undoubtedly huge problems facing the management team. Handling a squad of talented players will  be a massive issue, too.

I like the way Lamps has varied his tactics, and some of his selections - notably the back 5 at Spurs last season- were inspired. But it has got to the stage that we are crying out for some stability and continuity. No-one knows how we will set up from game to game, and all components of the side are still a puzzle to be solved. Not just the personnel but the formation and tactics. It's genuinely hard to pick out the guaranteed starters.

GK ?

Full backs or wingbacks? James and Chilwell look pretty nailed on. Azpi vital in reserve for his flexibility, but we need another LB, so one of Alonso or Emerson will probably stay.

2 or 3 CBs? Silva + Christensen? Silva + Zouma? Silva + Christensen + Zouma? Roles for Azpi, Tomori and Rudiger? Rudiger to be sold?

Midfield? A total mystery. Kante? Kova? Jorginho? Never looked good as a three. Mount looks nailed on, so one of the three will miss out. Bench role for Barkley. RLC? A fit-again Gilmour? If we play a back 3, there is only room for 2 proper midfielders. Which leaves a lot of unhappy players.

The attack has plenty of combinations. Most people see a front three, but more likely to be a front 2 with Havertz just behind. Could be Werner + Pulisic. Or Werner + Ziyech. If we want Werner, Ziyech and Pulisic together, where does Havertz play? How do we use Tammy? Giroud and CHO look like bench options. Whatever, I see lots of frustrated players who Lamps will have a tough time keeping happy.

The number of options makes your head hurt. You can only arrive at the best starting XI by experimenting, but you then suffer for not having a settled side/ continuity of tactics.

chara   

Never thought I would write this...I would like to see Barkley in the line up...really can't see Jose putting out many first choice players but who knows?

Never pays to underestimate a young side of very hopefuls with a couple of seasoned (read take no prisoners types) pros.

I'm sure I will regret pushing for Barkley as he appears to be one of those heartbreaking players who are "nearly there" but "need a run in the side" then it all seems to fade away until the next chance and the promise flickers again.Rinse and repeat!

He at least seems to add a bit of a grounded presence from what I've seen this year....but as I said...maybe flatters to deceive..we have and have had enough of those players.

A "lesser" trophy target and not too distressed (apart from the hating to lose any game.) if Chelsea go out at any stage. Usually it's the opposition that focuses me...hate to my core losing to "the usual suspects"...a silly defeat against a lower division side is embarrassing against any Spuds/Arse/manure etc side is a sword thrust to the soul!