• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

chara   

I hate losing to that lot any time...gutted....care not about going out of the so called competition but would rather see a coin toss than a penalty shootout!,,,

With 25 minutes or so to go how many here absolutely knew the result..equaliser... then losing a shootout?

Did I miss something with Giroud?....I know often on TV a player does not show well although contributes in a game.

But..

8 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I didn't think we were good either to be honest. Lots of things wrong with us at the moment. I'm not enjoying watching us at at all really. Thought Chilwell had a pretty good full debut though. And Mendy for the most part.

There is no system. Just side and back passing. With all the big signings; none of them has done anything yet. The coaching need to step up

Edited by ugogbuzue

Massive game against palace can’t afford to drop anymore points .otherwise Lampard will be under huge pressure. And we need to show more urgency in are passing To slow with are build up play . 3-2 palace benteke hat trick 😂

haifarul   
1 minute ago, NoblyBobly said:

I have a feeling when Pulisic and Zy are fit he will struggle to get in this team regularly. 

Every manager has a pet project, an obsession. Mount is Lampard's . Good player but he is getting to much game time at the moment.

5 minutes ago, chara said:

I hate losing to that lot any time...gutted....care not about going out of the so called competition but would rather see a coin toss than a penalty shootout!,,,

With 25 minutes or so to go how many here absolutely knew the result..equaliser... then losing a shootout?

Did I miss something with Giroud?....I know often on TV a player does not show well although contributes in a game.

But..

Other than him going missing  after kick off, ?

Edited by southcoastal

Ham   

Jorginho and Emerson were just pointless. Wastes of space. Happy to never see them in Chelsea shirts again.  

Mount very wasteful. 

CHO started so well in the first half.  Frustrating in the second half. 

I liked our balance with Chilwell. Early in the game I liked how he played a ball up to CF nice and early. Not sure why we stopped doing that.

Kante looked very lively.  

Mendy was mostly excellent which is massively better than we're used to.  If only we could use American football style special teams and bring Caba on for penalties 😏

Giroud did nothing.   

Werner will get a lot of goals once we start getting decent service to him. 

Zouma is just far too industrial at times. Just hoofs the ball clear and invites pressure again.  

Fiki had a very quiet game.  Unspectacular but no major errors. 

The rest? Meh. 

I think it has to down as another defensive error for their goal. Emerson wasn't switched on. It was a real shame Chilwell couldn't manage 90 mins as I think he may not have made that mistake. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Mount is a player with highly limited skills. Lampard probably thinks if he plays him more often he might turn into an accomplished midfielder. It's having the opposite effect. He could do with a break. 

One of a dozen or more posts based on convictions rather than the match.   The team was disappointing, but not so bad that any argument can be made about any particularly player.

Mount is a great player, if you missed that last year, you missed it - pity.

I'm waiting for the categoric approval of Mendy after today.  Bound to happen in a page or two

(Or even before I hit submit)

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

Mendy was mostly excellent which is massively better than we're used to.