• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

chelboy   
2 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I have a feeling when Pulisic and Zy are fit he will struggle to get in this team regularly. 

Well based on ability he should but I can’t see Lamps dropping him. I think Mount gets a bit too much favouritism at times. I like him but he still has things to learn in the final 3rd. Last season he gave away 5 or so potential assists. Seems to be doing it again this year. I feel like he is a late runner in the box type of player. A bit like Aaron Ramsey. He shouldn’t be the one playing passes into attackers but rather be running onto the passes from a deep position . Players like Havertz n Ziyech should be the passers they have the execution and understanding. Put both of those at no.8 and our attacking play drastically improves. 

Thought we were on the whole, rubbish. Again.

The lack of any sort of style or game plan is beyond worrying. Were not very good at attacking or defending or keeping the ball or winning the ball. Is there anything we are particularly good at?

Ham   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm waiting for the categoric approval of Mendy after today.  Bound to happen in a page or two

(Or even before I hit submit)

I know you hate it when people don't give their actual opinion. 

Do you think he played less than mostly excellent?

paulw66   

Should have killed it.

Emerson mistake then cost us.

Thought we were in control and they never looked like scoring until our standard individual error, despite the bizarre commentary 

Ham   

Rushed back on from his urgent toilet break 🤮

Screenshot_20200929-222115_WhatsApp.jpg

4 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

The lack of any sort of style or game plan is beyond worrying. Were not very good at attacking or defending or keeping the ball or winning the ball. Is there anything we are particularly good at?

Losing on penalties!

9 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Concur

Ham   
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Should have killed it.

Emerson mistake then cost us.

Thought we were in control and they never looked like scoring until our standard individual error, despite the bizarre commentary 

Thought the commentary was as one sided as the piped crowd noise. 

Blue Rod   
12 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Exactly. No rhyme or rhythm.. I don't know what glasses some of our fans are wearing. There must be one called glasses of denial  

Edited by Blue Rod

Just now, Ham said:

I know you hate it when people don't give their actual opinion. 

Do you think he played less than mostly excellent?

Fair enough.
He played competently mostly (which is not the same as excellent).  Nothing special on the up side, but his handling is really quite poor and he dropped one easy cross which could have been a disaster.  Perhaps his handling will be balanced out by his strength in the air, who knows.  
Post lockdown Kepa was as good every game, yet somehow every more or less competent game was hailed as proof of incompetence.

Happy to give Mendy more time to prove himself.  

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Yes.  Once again the sum of the parts was much greater than the team.