• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

15 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I think it has to down as another defensive error for their goal. Emerson wasn't switched on. It was a real shame Chilwell couldn't manage 90 mins as I think he may not have made that mistake. 

Wasn't just Emerson, Zouma was again out of position/didn't read the game well enough. I have said this on numerous occasions but Zouma is all athletic ability and isn't top four material. For sure AC isn't great either and I am leaning towards him not being good enough either/having the desire to be what he could be, but at least he knows how to read the game more often than not. 

23 minutes ago, Ham said:

I know you hate it when people don't give their actual opinion. 

Do you think he played less than mostly excellent?

You should know Ham, you can't give a compliment to the new keeper because by doing that you're  unwittingly having a go at Kepa and that will not do.

But I will join in the controversial compliments. First time I have ever seen Mendy play but first impressions were very good. I liked what I saw...lets hope we see a bit more of him.

Edited by NoblyBobly

14 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Thought we were on the whole, rubbish. Again.

The lack of any sort of style or game plan is beyond worrying. Were not very good at attacking or defending or keeping the ball or winning the ball. Is there anything we are particularly good at?

This is how I feel at the moment too. It feels like we're in limbo. It's like we're waiting for something to happen.

After the international break hopefully we'll have all our players available and Frank will be able to workout who his best team is and get that much needed consistency and stability.

There are probably players there not know if they'll be at the club in a few weeks.  You can't go changing your back 4 every single game.

chelboy   

That goal is more Emerson than Zouma. If Emerson is in line and closes the space he clears the ball and there’s no goal. Zouma is marking Kane and stopping him from getting the ball. If Zouma leaves Kane and the cross ends up with Kane free in the box we would all be blaming Zouma and saying he should have stuck to Kane. He can’t mark two players at once. I thought our CB’s had a decent game defensively. 

Just looked up Frank's win ratio, doesn't make very pleasant reading.

60 games now, won 31, drawn 9, lost 20.

Even more worrying is weve conceded 96 goals in that time. 

For a comparison Sarri was here for 63 games and won 40, drew 11, lost 12. Conceded 67.

DannyLB   
28 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

I have a feeling when Pulisic and Zy are fit he will struggle to get in this team regularly. 

That makes sense but I don’t believe Lampard will stop playing him. Likely will look to play him and Havertz with Kante behind them. I’m a fan of Mason and I certainly appreciate what he brings to the team but is there always a need for him? Seems despite the opponent and the situation, he plays. I can’t help but think of Barkley might have done in his position today. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Wasn't just Emerson, Zouma was again out of position/didn't read the game well enough. I have said this on numerous occasions but Zouma is all athletic ability and isn't top four material. For sure AC isn't great either and I am leaning towards him not being good enough either/having the desire to be what he could be, but at least he knows how to read the game more often than not. 

I acknowledged earlier that Zouma could have done better. But this was mainly down to Emerson imo....whatever it was ANOTHER defensive blunder from yet again a different player. 

But Zouma all day long over AC for me. 

6 minutes ago, chelboy said:

That goal is more Emerson than Zouma. If Emerson is in line and closes the space he clears the ball and there’s no goal. Zouma is marking Kane and stopping him from getting the ball. If Zouma leaves Kane and the cross ends up with Kane free in the box we would all be blaming Zouma and saying he should have stuck to Kane. He can’t mark two players at once. I thought our CB’s had a decent game defensively. 

Yes, I thought they were more decent. I liked the combo. 

I just can't work out what playing style Frank is trying to instill, just seems like a lot of individual players out there learning to play together for the first time.

Doesn't look good to me and Frank, you need to give Mount a break because he is not the savior you think he is.

I know this wasn't a league game but I saw a stat earlier that Frank has fielded 20 different back lines in 41 league appearances. Not sure how that compares with others, but sounds insane.