• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

29 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

Any idea what happened to Zouma? Our best defender previously, then not in the squad on Saturday and no mention of why.

Well if one takes Frank's comments on Rudiger seriously (yeah I know) then it is just a decision based on 5 CBs of which 2 start and just room for 1 on bench.  Especially with Azpi there covering the FBs too. 
No idea about Rudiger, but I doubt Frank knows the pecking order of his CBs yet.  Pity, sometimes it is better to make any decision at the right time than the best decision too late.

No idea about Rudiger, but I doubt Frank knows the pecking order of his CBs yet.  Pity, sometimes it is better to make any decision at the right time than the best decision too late.

Which is slightly worrying, after over a year of him being manager.

Edited by Martin1905

bert19   

I'd start Werner.  He's been really good without really seeing many real chances in front of goal. Would be great if his first Chelsea goal (or hopefully goals) came against this lot. 

CHO should start too, thought he did really well when he came on at West Brom.  

Happy enough to see Barkley start in midfield as well.  

1 hour ago, chara said:

Never thought I would write this...I would like to see Barkley in the line up...really can't see Jose putting out many first choice players but who knows?

Never pays to underestimate a young side of very hopefuls with a couple of seasoned (read take no prisoners types) pros.

I'm sure I will regret pushing for Barkley as he appears to be one of those heartbreaking players who are "nearly there" but "need a run in the side" then it all seems to fade away until the next chance and the promise flickers again.Rinse and repeat!

He at least seems to add a bit of a grounded presence from what I've seen this year....but as I said...maybe flatters to deceive..we have and have had enough of those players.

A "lesser" trophy target and not too distressed (apart from the hating to lose any game.) if Chelsea go out at any stage. Usually it's the opposition that focuses me...hate to my core losing to "the usual suspects"...a silly defeat against a lower division side is embarrassing against any Spuds/Arse/manure etc side is a sword thrust to the soul!

It won't be his strongest XI, but under the Covid 19 "bubble" rules currently applied in English football, 1st team squads are separate from development squads, so neither side will be using "youngsters" other than those already part of the main squads.

chara   
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

It won't be his strongest XI, but under the Covid 19 "bubble" rules currently applied in English football, 1st team squads are separate from development squads, so neither side will be using "youngsters" other than those already part of the main squads.

Thanks mate...miss stuff being so far away..and ...what happened about AC's red card?...did I miss a rule change?...

Would like to see some natural width. So either getting it with a back 5 or, by back 4 if either Ziyech or Pulisic are available.

Mendy

Reece Azpi.  Christiansen. Zouma. Chillwell

Kante Kovacic

Barkley

Abraham   Werner

Or   Mendy

Azpi Christiansen Zouma chillwell

Ziyech. Kante Jorginho CHO

HavertzorBarkley

Werner

Silva getting a rest bit only if he needs it. If not then think he should start so to grow his leadership/mentor impact on the team(fingers crossed that this will happen). He showed signs after the mistake of wanting to grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Giving Mount a rest in this one.

43 minutes ago, chara said:

Thanks mate...miss stuff being so far away..and ...what happened about AC's red card?...did I miss a rule change?...

His red was for a 'professional foul' or whatever it's called (ie being the last defender stopping a goal-scoring opportunity) so only a 1 match ban
A red for dissent (I'm presuming aggressive swearing and use of 'C' word/calling ref a cheat, etc) is 2 games
Red for dangerous tackles, violent conduct, is 3 but can be increased
I think racial abuse, spitting and similar are 5 or 6 matches long as I recall.

chara   
6 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

His red was for a 'professional foul' or whatever it's called (ie being the last defender stopping a goal-scoring opportunity) so only a 1 match ban
A red for dissent (I'm presuming aggressive swearing and use of 'C' word/calling ref a cheat, etc) is 2 games
Red for dangerous tackles, violent conduct, is 3 but can be increased
I think racial abuse, spitting and similar are 5 or 6 matches long as I recall.

Thanks Bob...but what game?...he played Saturday. In the past I thought the next game was automatically missed.

It seems new rules are introduced each season like new kits....not necessarily for a reason but to increase "something".

As ever it still depends on interpretation..var anyone?...one refs red card is anothers "robust" tackle etc..

After the manure penalty I wonder how long before the players are called from the changing rooms or shower for a penalty on the cusp of full time?

1 minute ago, chara said:

Thanks Bob...but what game?...he played Saturday. In the past I thought the next game was automatically missed.

It seems new rules are introduced each season like new kits....not necessarily for a reason but to increase "something".

As ever it still depends on interpretation..var anyone?...one refs red card is anothers "robust" tackle etc..

After the manure penalty I wonder how long before the players are called from the changing rooms or shower for a penalty on the cusp of full time?

He missed the Barnsley game, which was the one after the Liverpool game.

chara   
1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

He missed the Barnsley game, which was the one after the Liverpool game.

Ahh...thanks..sorry didn't really see that as a "proper" game!