• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Tottenham Hotspur 1 (5) Chelsea 1 (4) (on penalties)

5 minutes ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Reports of Alonso getting a right dressing down in front of the squad after he tried to go to the team bus at half time.

I wonder if Lamps told him he could bring his dinner? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Reports of Alonso getting a right dressing down in front of the squad after he tried to go to the team bus at half time.

Poor old Emerson and Alonso.  They know they are out but they still have to play.

Willian and Luiz on the other hand clearly have inspired agents. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, charlie_sw69 said:

That's the end of him at Chelsea which is a shame because he's been so important for us so many times.  He gave me more moments of absolute joy than anyone else in the current squad. 

• Like 1

Ran down the wing for me. Always liked him - although he rather lost it recently 

Edited by blue moon

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

I wonder if Lamps told him he could bring his dinner? 

Wikipedia: Sitton was appointed joint caretaker manager at Leyton Orient with Chris Turner in April 1994, following the departure of Peter Eustace, and helped the team avoid relegation from the Second Division by earning four points from their last two matches. The co-managership was Sitton's idea, as he did not know many of the first team players since he moved into coaching in Orient's youth setup, and knew that Turner had more knowledge about them. The duo were given the job permanently that summer after the board received positive feedback from the players, and continued throughout the difficult 1994–95 season in which Sitton had to work in six different roles within the club whilst on a youth coach salary. The squad size was cut in half and the club was on the verge of liquidation, with the PFA paying the players wages for several months whilst chairman Tony Wood tried to sell the club.

I'd only seen the clip, I hadn't realised the whole story.  Starting to feel sympathetic almost.

31 minutes ago, Ham said:

That's the end of him at Chelsea which is a shame because he's been so important for us so many times.  He gave me more moments of absolute joy than anyone else in the current squad. 

I was happy to have him as back up to Chilwell and have Emerson leave but Sunday was the final straw. Rather keep Emerson now.

7 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

I was happy to have him as back up to Chilwell and have Emerson leave but Sunday was the final straw. Rather keep Emerson now.

he "Alonso" is going to be hard to shift, on sily money and about 3 years left on his contract. If I remember without google, the club gave him at 28 a 5 year deal

12 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Quite right. He deserved it for his performance. To show such disdain towards the team after being subbed is inexcusable. I get the feeling that some of the more senior players (Alonso, Rüdiger and perhaps others) aren't axactly showing the manager and the rest of the squad the respect they deserve. 

Personally I'm happy to get rid of both as soon as humanly possible. 

10 hours ago, charlie_sw69 said:

Emerson has more about him as a LB, albeit just a little bit. Alonso's lack of pace is too big of a weakness in the PL. He's getting targeted every single time he enters the pitch. Much like teams did to Ivanovic towards the end of his Chelsea career. 

My thing is this , if you are going to have an identifiable way you'd like to play and a formation you'd prefer it makes more sense to have Chilwell and Chilwell lite ( Emerson ) than Chilwell and Alonso lite (Alonso) 

It used to wind me up no end when we'd play with a big man up front , keep trying to feed ball through the channels to him then swap them out for a shrimp and start hoofing the ball for them to header .

Ideally you need two similar players for similar ways you'd like to play and the occasional wild card to mix things up.

I like Alonso , he's got an eye for a goal and a lovely strike on him but swift he ain't , he's been embarrassed in the past and he'll be embarrassed again but if we keep him lets not play him where we negate his strengths and highlight his weaknesses , apparently Frank has been bemoaning his lack of wingers with Pulisic and Ziyech both out whilst all but ignoring CHO and having Alonso who of anyone in the squad could certainly "do a job" there. 

I have mentioned previously that in my opinion Frank has dropped a clanger at the beginning of the season with regards to managing the personnel who did quite well all things considered last season and the integration of the new players and Alonso playing up , rumours of Rudiger not being happy ( although why any of the centre halves would be at this moment in time is beyond me with the stupid amount of chopping and changing we're doing ) and Giroud not celebrating his goal the other night are what you get when you mis handle the situation and no amount of strong arm tactics ( Ashley Cole said he's never heard anyone eviscerate a player to the degree Lampard does ) are going to put this right.