• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Champions League 2020/21

3 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep . Sod's law.

I was in the Bernabeu  for a CL semi between Real and Dortmund I think it was. It was a long time back. The night that the Ultras pulled back too hard on the ropes attached to the goalposts and pulled them out of the ground, breaking them in the process. Do you remember this?

They didn't have a spare set at the ground and so they had to fetch one from the training ground which is out near the airport. It took ages and the game eventually kicked off at 11pm. I was 3 tiers up in an area which was usually used for standing! Yes, standing 3 tiers up! Because standing wasn’t allowed for CL games, you received a cushion when you went in and simply plonked that down on the concrete. There was a very pungent smell of hashish up there which was pleasant, but I was freezing by the time the final whistle blew. Final score?

Yep! 0-0!

1 minute ago, PeteRobbo said:

I was in the Bernabeu  for a CL semi between Real and Dortmund I think it was. It was a long time back. The night that the Ultras pulled back too hard on the ropes attached to the goalposts and pulled them out of the ground, breaking them in the process. Do you remember this?

They didn't have a spare set at the ground and so they had to fetch one from the training ground which is out near the airport. It took ages and the game eventually kicked off at 11pm. I was 3 tiers up in an area which was usually used for standing! Yes, standing 3 tiers up! Because standing wasn’t allowed for CL games, you received a cushion when you went in and simply plonked that down on the concrete. There was a very pungent smell of hashish up there which was pleasant, but I was freezing by the time the final whistle blew. Final score?

Yep! 0-0!

Lol !

asvaberg   

Ok

Sevilla, Chelsea, Krasnodar, Rennes

2 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok

Expect a miracle performance by the Rennes keeper.

Not much to complain of there.  I saw the first three and presumed they drew pots 4, 3, 2 first.

Edited by Droy was my hero

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Expect a miracle performance by the Rennes keeper.

Not much to complain of there.  I saw the first three and presumed they drew pots 4, 3, 2 first.

12 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok

Can't complain there yeh?

Sir   

Some people are never happy, and that’s coming from me!

If you wanted a draw we could qualify from, then we have it. If you wanted teams we don’t face ‘often’ then we have that. If you wanted some giant matches where we might get out of the group then we don’t have that. Can’t see us pulling up many trees in the competition this season anyway.

Plus we get to see Diego Carlos up close! If we want a strong centre half who defends well , makes blocks and headers everything away. We could do much worse !

If we want an elegant ball playing centre half then he not that man. 

Holymoly   
50 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Ok

Potentially ok although it's a long trip to Russia.

LOL at Manure however.