• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Southampton at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00 hrs. on Saturday, 17th October 2020 (Local UK time/date) (PPV)

£15 to watch this one, on top of what I currently pay for Sky and BT... I don't think so. I'll have to watch it the 'other' way.

Really hope Mendy is fit for this, but seems unlikely, even if it isn't as bad as it could have been, my guess is he won't be risked until he is 100% again. Who deputises for him, I've no idea - Kepa has been on the bench in last few games, but does Frank trust him to play in the PL again yet? Id Kepa doesn't play, it means we have a £72m 3rd choice keeper!

Presume Pulisic and Ziyech will be fit enough to be in the squad, if not starting, so we're getting very close to having fully fit squad and hopefully Frank is finally settling on a regular back 4. We'll be having some 'big' names missing out each week soon.

Another controlled victory would be nice here, a second clean sheet might be asking too much, but another victory and a run out for Pulisic and Ziyech would be ideal... be nice for Werner to get a league goal too.

I expect:

Kepa

Azpi - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell

Kante - Mount

CHO - Havertz - Werner

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyech, Giroud

Missing out: Rudiger, Tomori, Christensen, Alonso, Emerson, Kovacic, 

Ham   
2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

£15 to watch this one, on top of what I currently pay for Sky and BT... I don't think so. I'll have to watch it the 'other' way.

Really hope Mendy is fit for this, but seems unlikely, even if it isn't as bad as it could have been, my guess is he won't be risked until he is 100% again. Who deputises for him, I've no idea - Kepa has been on the bench in last few games, but does Frank trust him to play in the PL again yet? Id Kepa doesn't play, it means we have a £72m 3rd choice keeper!

Presume Pulisic and Ziyech will be fit enough to be in the squad, if not starting, so we're getting very close to having fully fit squad and hopefully Frank is finally settling on a regular back 4. We'll be having some 'big' names missing out each week soon.

Another controlled victory would be nice here, a second clean sheet might be asking too much, but another victory and a run out for Pulisic and Ziyech would be ideal... be nice for Werner to get a league goal too.

I expect:

Kepa

Azpi - Silva - Zouma - Chilwell

Kante - Mount

CHO - Havertz - Werner

Tammy

Subs: Caballero, James, Tomori, Jorginho, Pulisic, Ziyech, Giroud

Missing out: Rudiger, Tomori, Christensen, Alonso, Emerson, Kovacic, 

This is such an own goal by the PL because countless millions will now feel quite justified in watching "the other way".

I know I will. 

Match going fans aren't choosing to stay away. 

JaneB   

This is where I show my lack of knowledge on the best formations but isn't Giroud worth a place in the starting line up?

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I haven't seen the details of this anywhere.
I guess for me I'll just watch it next day on Chelsea official site.

chara   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Guess I'll just go back to watching the American streams.

You can get them in UK?....I am somewhat stone age with technology but never been able to get UK streaming in Colorado....I

NBC have ripped us off basically but get EPL on Peacock and cup/euro games on ESP+.

The new added cost of an individual game over there is ridiculous....it used to be the "peoples" game ........as a teenager on a small wage I could go to SB but not sure if I could afford it as a fixed income senior at least not on a regular basis....all "progress" isn't!