• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Southampton 3

chara   
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

This is where I show my lack of knowledge on the best formations but isn't Giroud worth a place in the starting line up?

Well Jane I take you to task on "lack of knowledge".....that is not an issue ..your opinion is as valid as anyone's on here......my view is that he is of limited if important playing time as he ages but that is an opinion not a formation analysis( the staff at Chelsea are paid a LOT of money to make those decisions on a game to game basis.)......don't confuse opinion with coaching strategy.

!

...don't confuse opinion with coaching expertise.

• Thanks 1

Giroud over Tammy every time for me, Tammy is OK and is improving and I suppose the argument is that if he's not playing he won't improve. But I love Giroud and what he brings us. 

chara   
15 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Giroud over Tammy every time for me, Tammy is OK and is improving and I suppose the argument is that if he's not playing he won't improve. But I love Giroud and what he brings us. 

Well said Mark..... I don't dislike Giroud or Tammy for that matter and don't really look at it as either /or....the decision of Frank is what decides who is the best fit at any time.

Giroud at his peak?....would be a great fit now but the years are there for all to see.....which doesn't mean I don't think he is unable to contribute just not on a regular basis..great run in last season but another year on makes a difference ...... and as I said to Jane....that's my opinion...not the last word on the subject or even the most accurate..that's why I..and others ..I hope....read and consider other opinions.

FWIW...I consider Mark's views on game analysis to be pretty good...even when I disagree!!!

Tammy for me.  The better player I reckon, and certainly the one that is going to fit our current fluid play.
Giroud is plan B (extra men up front to get a goal) and plan C (defend the lead with a corner defence expert and a target man up front.

50 minutes ago, chara said:

The new added cost of an individual game over there is ridiculous....it used to be the "peoples" game ........as a teenager on a small wage I could go to SB but not sure if I could afford it as a fixed income senior at least not on a regular basis....all "progress" isn't!

As a school kid with a saturday job I could not only afford to go to mid-week games, I could afford to drink in pubs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Can't afford either nowadays.  

Bison   
54 minutes ago, chara said:

You can get them in UK?....I am somewhat stone age with technology but never been able to get UK streaming in Colorado....I

NBC have ripped us off basically but get EPL on Peacock and cup/euro games on ESP+.

The new added cost of an individual game over there is ridiculous....it used to be the "peoples" game ........as a teenager on a small wage I could go to SB but not sure if I could afford it as a fixed income senior at least not on a regular basis....all "progress" isn't!

Well, we're not supposed to...😉 Funnily enough, the US production seems far better when I have watched the NBC streams. The commentators seem far less biased for one.

I will never pay £15 to watch a single match on TV.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Bison said:

Well, we're not supposed to...😉 Funnily enough, the US production seems far better when I have watched the NBC streams. The commentators seem far less biased for one.

I will never pay £15 to watch a single match on TV.

Yeah I like Robbie Earle and Tim Howard. Quite slick.  Also like that fan zone thing they do with hundreds of fans from the competing games outside. 

And yes.... We're not supposed to but there are ways and means. 

chara   
46 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yeah I like Robbie Earle and Tim Howard. Quite slick.  Also like that fan zone thing they do with hundreds of fans from the competing games outside. 

And yes.... We're not supposed to but there are ways and means. 

Yeah...overall the studio stuff is a lot less biased......in the past the studio team have always given credit to a team playing well or above weight rather than RED RED RED...be it manure or that scouse lot...and usually worth listening to if I'm in the mood!

Steady Ham......I keep getting Rowan and Martin flashbacks....ve have ze vays and means!!......it must be Westcliff...you never gave me nightmares in Brozbourne!!!

Ham   
16 minutes ago, chara said:

Yeah...overall the studio stuff is a lot less biased......in the past the studio team have always given credit to a team playing well or above weight rather than RED RED RED...be it manure or that scouse lot...and usually worth listening to if I'm in the mood!

Steady Ham......I keep getting Rowan and Martin flashbacks....ve have ze vays and means!!......it must be Westcliff...you never gave me nightmares in Brozbourne!!!

Rest assured I partook of 3pm kickoffs in Broxbourne as well.  Essex hasn't changed me.

chara   
1 hour ago, Ham said:

Rest assured I partook of 3pm kickoffs in Broxbourne as well.  Essex hasn't changed me.

Pleased to hear that Ham...always good to see your posts.....but now I'm getting awful David Essex images!.....think I'd better get out more!!

Funny year..according to Mrs C's Ipad this time last year memory thing we had snow on this day the last two years...just come in off the deck because it's too hot!

or....maybe I have entered the twilight zone?

JaneB   
4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

As a school kid with a saturday job I could not only afford to go to mid-week games, I could afford to drink in pubs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Can't afford either nowadays.  

You must have looked old for your age 😳